Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 01-30-2008   #25

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
BD player prices will continue to fall. There will be 2.0 profile players Christmas of 2008 for $299. Wait and see.
You can't honestly believe that do you, unless you mean some no-name branded hunk of crap? The BDP-S300 STILL hasn't hit that price and it's an obsolete, slow POS, that's been on the market for nearly a year. If they can't hit or are unwilling to hit that price point with an obsolete piece of hardware thats been on sale for a year, what on gods green earth makes you think that they will with a piece of hardware that hasn't even hit the market yet?
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
....., what on gods green earth makes you think that they will with a piece of hardware that hasn't even hit the market yet?
To drive the market what else? Just because with HD DVD all but dead they still need to get market share or it will become a niche format.
Also I believe you meant Buddha's green earth,right?
Old 01-30-2008   #27
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
You can't honestly believe that do you, unless you mean some no-name branded hunk of crap? The BDP-S300 STILL hasn't hit that price and it's an obsolete, slow POS, that's been on the market for nearly a year. If they can't hit or are unwilling to hit that price point with an obsolete piece of hardware thats been on sale for a year, what on gods green earth makes you think that they will with a piece of hardware that hasn't even hit the market yet?
I'm guessing he's basing it off the CES press release by Funai. This is funny though because most, "not all", bluray owners bash "cheap" players when it's HD DVD related. However being a "cheap" bluray player the supporters love it.

So come the end of the year Blu ray players will be cheaper but still not cheaper then a $149 A30 player which you can get today.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post

..... but still not cheaper then a $149 A30 player which you can get today.

Yes yes we all know you can get a player that is on life support for less than $150.00 .
It's hilarious how the HD DVD camp calls profile 1.0 obsolete but hold on dearly to their all but dead format player, at least those people will still be able to watch newly released movies by the end of 2008.
Old 01-30-2008   #29
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Yes yes we all know you can get a player that is on life support for less than $150.00 .
It's hilarious how the HD DVD camp calls profile 1.0 obsolete but hold on dearly to their all but dead format player, at least those people will still be able to watch newly released movies by the end of 2008.
So you let me get this straight your saying and know for a "fact" HD DVD will have no more new releases by the end of the year?

or...

Is this just a fictitious response to a fact that I posted?
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
So you let me get this straight your saying and know for a "fact" HD DVD will have no more new releases by the end of the year?

or...

Is this just a fictitious response to a fact that I posted?
Sorry I don't recall reading any facts in your post.

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl