Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-19-2008   #289

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Jerry does make a good point. We have XBOX 360, PlayStation 2&3, the Nintendo Wii, and all with various degrees of success have continued to move forward. So if I speculate that Toshiba and Microsoft may stay with HD DVD, then there it is. That would help all those customers that bought HD DVD players.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Jerry does make a good point. We have XBOX 360, PlayStation 2&3, the Nintendo Wii, and all with various degrees of success have continued to move forward. So if I speculate that Toshiba and Microsoft may stay with HD DVD, then there it is. That would help all those customers that bought HD DVD players.
Not going to happen, Microsoft bailed out at CES & Toshiba made it pretty clear they are out.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #291

Its over.

But in some ways ONLY just about to start.

If I was advising Sony - I would make sure the WORLD knows just how good Blu-ray is thus doing the EXACT OPPOSITE than the music business did when just selling crappy downloads because those are coming for movies to a Mac near you soon.
Old 02-19-2008   #292
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Yeah what happened to the 1 million players sold I thought they were bragging about a couple of weeks ago?
You just need to read that link at the right time

Q: How many HD DVD players and recorders, exactly, did you sell?
A: 600,000 players in the US and 300,000 Xbox 360 HD DVD drives. 100,000 units were sold in Europe. And about 10,000 players and 20,000 recorders in Japan. So about 1,030,000 units worldwide.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/19/l...ence-in-tokyo/
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #293
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Its over.

But in some ways ONLY just about to start.

If I was advising Sony - I would make sure the WORLD knows just how good Blu-ray is thus doing the EXACT OPPOSITE than the music business did when just selling crappy downloads because those are coming for movies to a Mac near you soon.

If I was advising Sony I'd tell them to work on lowering the cost of SAL's, along with making HDTV's more affordable. They both go hand in hand.

There is no need for Blu-ray if you don't own a HDTV. Blu-ray will only do as well as HDTV's do.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
You just need to read that link at the right time

Q: How many HD DVD players and recorders, exactly, did you sell?
A: 600,000 players in the US and 300,000 Xbox 360 HD DVD drives. 100,000 units were sold in Europe. And about 10,000 players and 20,000 recorders in Japan. So about 1,030,000 units worldwide.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/19/l...ence-in-tokyo/
That does actually make more sense, I saw that before and thought wow half of the players were the 360 add on but with 600,000 sap that sounds more in line. Thanks.

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl