Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-19-2008   #283

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Inside sources have confirmed that Toshiba's decision to exit the HDM business was made after Warner's initial announcement to support Blu-ray Disc, but that they were waiting to determine the most graceful exit strategy from the market place before making a public statement.

It should be clear which members have been posting from a desire to accurately represent industry events and which members have been continuing to push FUD to keep enthusiasts confused and mis-guided about the state of things.

I hope that everyone, regardless of their prior allegences, will be willing to move forward embracing a single-format HDM solution given that it's now been officiated. Those interested in now putting down the concept of disc-based HD media to continue their displeasure with Blu-ray Disc may want to create another forum (perhaps a category for discussion on this forum) to discuss their views so the rest of the HT community can embrace HDM and enjoy fruitful conversation.

Last edited by DaViD Boulet; 02-19-2008 at 09:16 AM..
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #284

This is what amazes me,

From Engadget,

Q: How many HD DVD players and recorders, exactly, did you sell?
A: 600,000 players in the US -- 300,000 of which were Xbox 360 HD DVD drives. 100,000 units were sold in Europe. And about 10,000 players and 20,000 recorders in Japan. So about 730,000 units worldwide.

300,000 standalones in almost 3 years! And 90,000 of those were the $99 black Friday Wal-Mart sales!
No wonder Blu-Ray always blew them away in software sales.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
This is what amazes me,

From Engadget,

Q: How many HD DVD players and recorders, exactly, did you sell?
A: 600,000 players in the US -- 300,000 of which were Xbox 360 HD DVD drives. 100,000 units were sold in Europe. And about 10,000 players and 20,000 recorders in Japan. So about 730,000 units worldwide.

Yeah what happened to the 1 million players sold I thought they were bragging about a couple of weeks ago?
Old 02-19-2008   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
The fight is coming. I saw somethings today that I am sworn NOT to speak about that says they are NOT going down lightly.

Toshiba and Microsoft have TOO MUCH riding on this. THEY MUST prove to the studios they are for real.

If they do - perhaps they cut out their own niche? I know a lot of people don't want that but look at the video game world and the success THREE format have.
Can you now speak about these things you were sworn not to?
bootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #287

Just because it never came about doesn't mean Jerry can tell everything he knows.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Just because it never came about doesn't mean Jerry can tell everything he knows.

I don't want to get him in trouble.
Just curious as to what plans never materialized.
bootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl