Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-15-2008   #253

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

im sure tosh will make blu-ray players and they will undercut everyone in price
relax
tvine2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #254

Well here is another road block for HD DVD http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/...walmart_dvd_dc
bigalbeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #255

I really wish people would stop holding up digital downloads as the eventual solution for the format wars. Paying $1 to download a single music track is one thing, but downloading a 1080p HD movie with 7.1 lossless surround sound is entirely different. I've invested thousands in my custom built home theater room, and I am not going to settle with holding a EULA (End User License Agreement) in order to lease a movie to watch on my system. I collect movies and music on disc, and I have no intention on stopping this practice.
The overall sonic quality of music has been dumbed down by downloading, MP3s and Ipods. SACD and DVD-Audio failed due to the ongoing format fight and overall consumer confusion, and I don't want that to happen to the successor for DVDs. We need an HD format to succeed quickly, and Blu-ray is right there.

I just want the complete transition to Blu-ray to be quick, so we can all get back to enjoying the HD movie experience without worrying about the format.
kingofgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #256

Quote:
If it's irrelevent, then why are you chastising me for deciding I'd rather wait for downloads than embracing a format I do not believe in?

I've got a pretty fat internet pipe coming into my place so I'm ready to roll, all I need is the content.
I didn't chastise you.

You said that downloads would create "a problem" for BD media.

It doesn't. That was my only point. You can enjoy downloads while I enjoy BD. Neither media channel negates the other. Win-win. Chastising wasn't anywhere in my message. Re-read it.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #257

The New York Times has declared HD DVD dead ...

"SAN FRANCISCO HD DVD, the beloved format of Toshiba and three Hollywood studios, died Friday after a brief illness. The cause of death was determined to be the decision by Wal-Mart to stock only high-definition DVDs and players using the Blu-ray format."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/te...th&oref=slogin
Old 02-16-2008   #258

As Taps quietly begins to play......
http://www.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/
http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...27196120080216

Last edited by akbungle; 02-16-2008 at 08:13 AM..
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl