Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-14-2008   #229

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
The fight is coming. I saw somethings today that I am sworn NOT to speak about that says they are NOT going down lightly.

Toshiba and Microsoft have TOO MUCH riding on this. THEY MUST prove to the studios they are for real.

If they do - perhaps they cut out their own niche? I know a lot of people don't want that but look at the video game world and the success THREE format have.
Jerry what was the news that you heard? Is it still forthcoming? If it fizzled out I don't see the harm in telling what the plan was.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #230
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It's a virtual library. I don't know how they're going to pull off what they're talking about.

Basically it's like XBOX LIVE, you "buy once," but have access to it forever. So storage shouldn't be a big problem. The real problem will be a huge catalog and the ability to stream it.

Oh I see. I was under the impression that only some of the movies would be VOD while others would be download and stored.

Either way there are some limitations that make me wonder. Looks like we are going to have to wait and see though.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #231

Smile Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post

Why should I buy a $500 machine only to turn around with it being useless in 1-2 years to buy another one WHEN downloads take off? This is a valid reason, that many of the blu-ray zealots just can't get a grasp of..... To be honest with you, I'm willing to place a wager that this xtremehd company can and will LAUNCH a satellite into orbit and sell the machines for less than $500 before ANYONE in the blu-ray camp gets a 2.0 SAL on the market for less than $500. Keeping in mind that the PS3 is NOT a SAL.
1)That whole paragraph is silly a blu-ray player purchased today is NOT useless.
2)Boy I'm glad I'm quick! I'll take that wager, should we say $50.00 ? A fair wager and everyone one here will be witness and make sure the other gets paid.
Shall we call it a wager than?
Old 02-14-2008   #232

Sneaky sneaky... You shouldn't have been so eager... Seems I forgot about the Phillips that will MSRP for $349... Although I'm sure that thing will be a festering pile of crap just like pretty much everything else Phillips makes.

Besides, $350 is still too much for a no-name...

As for the useless comment, I'm just turning around onto a BD fan what you guys have been preaching to us HD DVD supporters.. What, my HD DVD player is suddenly going to explode and stop playing discs the instant someone stops making them?

Last edited by kkozma; 02-14-2008 at 06:39 AM..
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #233

Smile Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
Sneaky sneaky... You shouldn't have been so eager... Seems I forgot about the Phillips that will MSRP for $349... Although I'm sure that thing will be a festering pile of crap just like pretty much everything else Phillips makes.

Besides, $350 is still too much for a no-name...

As for the useless comment, I'm just turning around onto a BD fan what you guys have been preaching to us HD DVD supporters.. What, my HD DVD player is suddenly going to explode and stop playing discs the instant someone stops making them?
Philips is not a no name brand but I agree it will probably suck so I'll exclude that one for you if you would still like to make that wager.
Old 02-14-2008   #234

Wait a minute.. Ok. So will the phillips be 2.0 or not?? WTF! I just searched and saw another site that said it's only bonus view...

This whole profile thing is STUPID.

As for the no name comment... It's made by Funai. Aka no name.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl