Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-12-2008   #205

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
That will NEVER happen with me, my new found friend of differing opinion. I will eventually succumb to buying a blu-ray SAL but not until there are sub $150 profile 2.0 units. ......... I cannot bring myself to knowingly support something that was forced upon me by the anti-consumer tactics of the BDA. It just REALLY sucks for me at this point because I have grown quite fond of HDM.

If there are HD DVD insiders here that know something, I implore you to speak up because right now, HD DVD needs SOMETHING/ANYTHING to throw in front of the BD freight train.
1) You refuse to buy a player until they get down to Toshiba fire sale prices? that seems silly I would understand if you said $300.00 since,IMHO, is where they should be and I believe they will be at by Oct-Nov.
2)the anti-consumer tactics you speak of were exactly the same things the HD DVD side tried.
3) HD DVD needs SOMETHING/ANYTHING***it's over***I'm sorry but it is true and if it would have tipped the other way I would get behind HD DVD and support it.
Old 02-12-2008   #206

^^^

1. I paid $200 for my HD A2 1 year ago. Hardly a firesale price, and I refuse to pay more for less technology from Blu-ray.
2. Toshiba is guilty of some things, but no where NEAR the extent of the BDA... Both fought* dirty, but the BDA DEFINES fighting dirty.
3. You're right about 1 thing there. It's over.

I have accepted that now. There is nothing coming from HD DVD and there never was. For whatever reasons they decided to sit on their bums with their thumbs up their asses and did nothing. Doing nothing, will be the same theme carried forward.

*Note: I use the term "fought" lightly with regards to HD DVD. The Paramount move IMO was the only sign of fight from them in the whole war.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #207
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
1) 3) HD DVD needs SOMETHING/ANYTHING***it's over***I'm sorry but it is true and if it would have tipped the other way I would get behind HD DVD and support it.
Why shoud kkozma or any HD DVD supporter jump over to Blu-ray for players that cost more and in some cases don't offer the same features?

I'm sorry but if I didnt' already have a PS3 I'd be in the same boat. It's not a matter of being stubborn it's a matter of why should I pay more for what I already have?

Plus I agree with kkozma...I'm only renting from now on out.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
It's not a matter of being stubborn it's a matter of why should I pay more for what I already have?
You see that's the problem, in HD DVD, you have nothing. So yes it is being stubborn, sure you paid less for the product that has no future but that's just it BD is going somewhere and HD DVD an all but dead format.
Old 02-12-2008   #209
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
You see that's the problem, in HD DVD, you have nothing. So yes it is being stubborn, sure you paid less for the product that has no future but that's just it BD is going somewhere and HD DVD an all but dead format.

I think we will agree to disagree on this.

Take the "less product" out of the equation and just focus on price then.

It's not being stubborn for someone who bought into HD DVD because of its price point to wait until BR players come down to the price point they need.

You can't pin "stubbornness" on someone’s wallet.

kkozma has an extremely valid point in waiting. Not everyone has $$ to throw around on HDM.

Last edited by BDP; 02-12-2008 at 11:56 AM..
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #210

Approximately 3 days after Warners made their announcement I went out and bought the Panasonic BD-30! I had already bought a Toshiba HD30 (yes the price point lured me into it first) and had been happy with both the HD DVD movies and the player! I must say since I own both, and have titles on both formats, I do like the fact that the Blu-ray has Dolby Tru HD and DTS-MA. Bye bye HD DVD.

I think the same people complaining about the price would have no problem spending the same dollars they'd spend on a Blu-Ray player on something else non audio/video if it were really a priority to them? Just my 2 cents. I admit, I chose the wrong format in the begining but had only bought 9 HD DVD discs before switching to Blu-ray.
Sharp 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl