Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-11-2008   #199

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
If there are HD DVD insiders here that know something, I implore you to speak up because right now, HD DVD needs SOMETHING/ANYTHING to throw in front of the BD freight train.
Agreed. If the HD DVD side has any secret weapons, the time is now!!!
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
The fight is coming. I saw somethings today that I am sworn NOT to speak about that says they are NOT going down lightly.

Toshiba and Microsoft have TOO MUCH riding on this. THEY MUST prove to the studios they are for real.

If they do - perhaps they cut out their own niche? I know a lot of people don't want that but look at the video game world and the success THREE format have.

What about it Jerry, do you still think they have something planned & if they do why are they sitting on it while they are bleeding out?
Time is running out!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #201

That it true!!! The Moose is absolutely right. The hddvd prg needs to get on it now if they want any hope of a format.

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 02-12-2008 at 12:54 AM..
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #202

Quote:
The fight is coming. I saw somethings today that I am sworn NOT to speak about that says they are NOT going down lightly.
Jerry,

got any blu sources, or just red ones?

Quote:
If they do - perhaps they cut out their own niche? I know a lot of people don't want that but look at the video game world and the success THREE format have.
That sounds like Lotus talk.

A "niche" market that basically duplicates everything that BD does except at a lower bandwidth and bitspace? That's not the usual "niche" format role, which generally refers to a product meeting special market needs not met by any other mainstream medium. HD DVD could no more be a "niche" than 5" floppies could be a "niche" next to 3.5" floppies which offered greater storage and faster read.

Last edited by DaViD Boulet; 02-11-2008 at 10:42 PM..
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #203

Here is the hd-dvd promotional groups response to the Netflix news

"We have long held the belief that HD DVD is the best format for consumers based on quality and value, and with more than 1 million HD DVD players on the market, it's unfortunate to see Netflix make the decision to only stock Blu-ray titles going forward."

And to the Best Buy News,

"We have long held the belief that HD DVD is the best format for consumers based on quality and value, and with more than 1 million HD DVD players on the market, it's unfortunate to see Netflix make the decision to only stock Blu-ray titles going forward. While the Best Buy announcement says they will recommend Blu-ray, at least they will continue to carry HD DVD and offer consumers a choice at retail."

There doesn't appear to be much fight left in them with statements like that!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #204

I think they knew they were done after the WB announcement but have been trying to dump players and "save face" since. Penton-Man, about the best and most accurate insider, says there is more BD news to come as well. Someone, not an insider, mentioned Amazon going BD exclusive and I can't image that is true but they did have numerous HD DVD player returns and have been doing this 50% off HD DVD movies for an awfully long time and IF Amazon.com drops HD DVD it is totally over. I mean the news of Best Buy itself is enough for me to say done. These comments of Toshiba better do something soon are turning into fanatical desperation, they have abandoned you and back handedly been dumping there obsolete players as value when they knew they were dead in the water. You could even see it in the their promotional press release weeks ago giving big emphasis on the up converting function of the player. Can anyone point to one piece of good news from the HD DVD group since the day WB announced?(except of course a fire sale on their players)

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl