Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-11-2008   #175

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
Netflix Goes Blu-ray Exclusive
It is time to cue the robust female vocalist.

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssC...EN388420080211
Interesting… that seems like a rather hasty decision, waiting a few months wouldn’t have hurt anything.

Oh well, I guess today’s the day I cancel my Netflix account.
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Interesting… that seems like a rather hasty decision, waiting a few months wouldn’t have hurt anything.
This is were I disagree, you see every day that consumers are confused is more reason for them to opt out completely so the usefulness of this format war has past and it is time to unite around one single, hopefully soon to be unified, format. If not we may be looking at SACD/ DVD Audio all over again.
Old 02-11-2008   #177

Quote:
This is were I disagree, you see every day that consumers are confused is more reason for them to opt out completely so the usefulness of this format war has past and it is time to unite around one single, hopefully soon to be unified, format. If not we may be looking at SACD/ DVD Audio all over again.
“If a winner emerges and we experience some margin compression if a large number of subscribers rent in high-def, we’ll weight the options of increasing prices,” [Netflix CFO] McCarthy said.

Netflix is getting ready to raise prices on HDM rentals. Another example of how the consumer loses.
Old 02-11-2008   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
“If a winner emerges and we experience some margin compression if a large number of subscribers rent in high-def, we’ll weight the options of increasing prices,” [Netflix CFO] McCarthy said.

Netflix is getting ready to raise prices on HDM rentals. Another example of how the consumer loses.
A buck a month to have shorter wait times on HDM is just fine with me and later when the purchase price of BDs go down and they become more mainstream the price will go back down (online renting is a competitive market)
Also I'll gladly pay that opposed to this format war confusing the masses making HDM less of a success.

Last edited by akbungle; 02-11-2008 at 09:21 AM..
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #179

Quote:
A buck a month to have shorter wait times on HDM is just fine with me and later when the purchase price of BDs go down and they become more mainstream the price will go back down (online renting is a competitive market)
Also I'll gladly pay that opposed to this format war confusing the masses making HDM less of a success.
Yeah, but for a public that extremely happy with DVD quality, this is an extra hurdle to HDM.
Old 02-11-2008   #180

I don't know about anyone here, but I smell a RAT from a mile away... A few weeks ago Netflix says the rentals are even with a consumer preference of HD DVD. Now the customer has CLEARLY chosen Blu-ray? BS!!!!!!!!

I think it's more than likely that SEVERAL extremely large suitcases from the BDA magically appeared on Netflix's doorstep...
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl