Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-07-2008   #145

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

So after the first official week of Toshibas advertised new prices on hddvd players in ads at BB, CC, etc. software sales increase to a 35:65 split.

http://www.videobusiness.com/index.a..._id=1030021503

Last edited by PRO-630HD; 02-07-2008 at 06:23 PM..
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #146

I figured there would be a jump in hd-dvd this week since Best Buy & Amazon had Buy 1 get 1 free hd-dvd sales.

Maybe that will get more Blu-Ray Buy 1 Get 1 sales going soon.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #147

BOGO's are good for everybody no matter what format. If it gets the BDA off their ass it is good news. Bluray is a good format (admittedly I have issues with all the players still except the PS3 as it is 2.0 upgradeable) but the BDA has been sleepwalking ever since the Warner announcement. The time is not now to stop mass marketing the format.
Old 02-07-2008   #148

Quote:
So you're basically saying that it is ok for me to post:

BD 2.0 players may not work with all previous BD software.
The better analogy would have been that not all 2.0 discs would play on legacy players.

I'll leave it at that since we've agreed to move on (better for you Lotus, since you still aren't able to actually give any confirmation of product-readiness for TL51).

Quote:
BOGO's are good for everybody no matter what format. If it gets the BDA off their ass it is good news. Bluray is a good format (admittedly I have issues with all the players still except the PS3 as it is 2.0 upgradeable) but the BDA has been sleepwalking ever since the Warner announcement. The time is not now to stop mass marketing the format.
As someone who owns the PS3 for exactly the same reasons, I can't disagree. I think there will be a big push for BD software this year (see the thedigitalbits for Warner's plans for BD releases), but the hardware side of things is pretty pathetic. At the very least, if BD hardware is going to be prices so comparatively high, it should all be full 2.0 profile spec. You have no arguements from me about the foot-dragging on decent, fully-featured BD hardware (or lack thereof).
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #149

I am waiting on the Pioneer BDP-05FD which is 1.1 compliant and coming out in May or June or maybe till Fall 08 if their 2.0 player has i link.
Old 02-07-2008   #150

One local dealer told me that HD DVD players can easily be upgraded to 1440P. And that may be their ace in the hole, with 1440P already being discussed as the next gen HDTV's. Blu-ray do not have that capability. They would have to basically redesign their players.

Crave recently posted 5 compelling reasons not to buy a Blu-ray player ... yet.

Last edited by HiDefBob; 02-07-2008 at 11:47 PM..
HiDefBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl