Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008   #103
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 117
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of bad stuff has been announced in the last 10 days that puts a SERIOUS dent in HD DVD's ability to get software into the hands of people like me who wish to buy it. I also do not share your enthusiasm about any HD DVD buzz because frankly, there is none outside of the ever shrinking circle of people who support this format. There was no superbowl ad in my area, and there was ONE commercial for HD DVD on American Idol three weeks ago. I have seen nothing since, and I watch (embarassed to admit) idol every week religiously.

- Sonic dropped HD DVD support
- TDK says they will no longer manufacture blank HD DVD media
- THREE foreign movie distributors have announced plans to drop HD DVD support
- National Geographic dropped HD DVD
- Woolworths in the UK has dropped HD DVD
- FYE has annouced that they will DRASTICLY reduce shelf space for HD DVD

As for Robert Zohn. Not an insider. Has been wrong on nearly everything he has posted as inside information. Where was the major CE who was supposed to start manufacturing HD DVD players? Where was the BIG news that was to come out of CEDIA? Nothing he has said has come to fruition.

Toshiba has less that ZERO time to screw around here. The longer they are silent, the longer the Blu-ray FUD machine has to work on it's negative campaigns. I'm tired of the wait and see attitude with HD DVD because THERE IS NO TIME TO WAIT any longer. I am an adamant HD DVD supporter and even I am starting to believe that there is nearly nothing HD DVD can do at this point. With every single second that passes by without some kind of SOMETHING from Toshiba, Paramount, or Univerasal, this format race slips further and further out of the thier hands.

Lastly, the blu-ray insiders over on blu-ray.com ARE hiding something. They know there is something big coming and are not talking about it. Anytime anyone mentions anything about whatever this big event is, the questions get deleted or the insiders respond with "no comment" or "its best not to talk about that".
Itís just a difference of opinion then. Iím impressed with what theyíve done in only 3 weeks and youíre not.

The bullet points you have listed are all negative to HD DVD, but are pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme. If HD DVD got two studios tomorrow, none of those items you have listed would hold HD DVD back.

Robert has close ties to the HD DVD group. In fact, he appeared on stage with them last summer. He has dropped some hints about HD DVDís plans and when put in context with Jerryís original post (and some of Lotusí comments) I see an HD DVD side that is not complacent, but actively trying to get things done behind the scenes. Where thereís smoke, thereís fire.. and the smoke is coming from a few different sources. But it takes time to put things together! Again, it has only been 3 weeks!

If Universal or Paramount leave HD DVD, itís pretty much over, no matter what Toshiba does now or a month from now. But the opinions of blu-ray.com insiders mean very little to me. They have been wrong many times. They have an agenda. If they can cause fear and uncertainty about HD DVDís future, then they would be more than happy to do so, whether itís founded or not.

Donít think Iím only viewing things through red colored glasses. I know HD DVD wonít survive 2008 without additional studio support. I never expected one Super Bowl ad would ďturn the tide.Ē However, I do think Microsoft and Toshiba are powerful enough companies that you never count them out until it is officially over.
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #104
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 120
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post


Robert has close ties to the HD DVD group. In fact, he appeared on stage with them last summer. He has dropped some hints about HD DVDís plans and when put in context with Jerryís original post (and some of Lotusí comments) I see an HD DVD side that is not complacent, but actively trying to get things done behind the scenes.

If Universal or Paramount leave HD DVD, itís pretty much over, no matter what Toshiba does now or a month from now. But the opinions of blu-ray.com insiders mean very little to me. They have been wrong many times. They have an agenda.
Funny Robert and Jerry don't have an agenda?(do you really think Robert gets the "full scoop" from HD DVD?)
And the insiders at blu-ray.com have BY FAR the best track record so far in this format war
__________________
FORMAT WAR COMPLETE.(finally!!)
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #105
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 272
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
They have and one of the BD owners has verified that he has read the same thing.

It's my fault I can't remember where I read it, but I have. Your behavior about this is disgusting by the way. Your need to promote fear in people's belief in their product is absolutely disgusting.

TL51s were designed to be played in HD DVD players. What you're implying doesn't even make sense. It has no merits in technology it is just pure paranoia that for some reason you feel the need to spread.

It seems to me if something isn't going to work on something and it has never been even talked about by the manufacturer then it should be the responsibility of you to prove your claim. I know you believe it because Bill Hunt is your buddy, but it's just not true and never has been. It makes no "common," sense and it makes no "technical," sense. If you understood how these players worked you'd understand.

There is no reason a HD DVD player or BD player can't read multiple layers: They are designed for it. Software/firmware updates could make them read 8 layer discs if they wanted.
You claim to remember reading something that you can't find to post, and I'm "disgusting" for asking for a link to verify?

Lotus, your position in protesting my request for simple confirmation is a bit comical, and I'm sure that humor isn't lost on readers regardless of their HD DVD or BD persuasion. Is that the best defense of the veracity of production TL51 you can find? Tell the guy asking for confirmation that he's "disgusting" for doing so???

I'm merely asking for a verified link documented confirmation from a trusted source that the discs are ready for production and that the new discs are interoperable with current hardware via upgrades. Even if there's no verifiable confirmation available right now, as long as there is truth to TL51GB production and interoperability, then confirmation should be available be sooner or later. We're patient.

Quote:
It seems to me if something isn't going to work on something and it has never been even talked about by the manufacturer then it should be the responsibility of you to prove your claim.
Boy have you got this game backwards. It's not up to me to prove anything because I'm not the one making claims... you are... I'm the one ASKING for verfication of your claims. It's up to you to demonstrate that your claims are true.

Oh by the way everybody, a trusted source just told me that 200GB Blu-ray is ready for production with great yeilds and the discs will play on every player. Expect a major studio to release titles on 500GB blu-ray any day now. Oh... you want confirmation? How disgusting!

I guess if you can't prove I'm wrong then I'm right? Is that how your game of documentation works? The rules confuse me.

Last edited by DaViD Boulet; 02-05-2008 at 07:00 AM..
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #106
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 33
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Boy have you got this game backwards. It's not up to me to prove anything because I'm not the one making claims... you are... I'm the one ASKING for verfication of your claims. It's up to you to demonstrate that your claims are true.
Wrong-o dongo-o fishbreath... You absolutely ARE making a claim here. So just as easily as you can ask for verification from Lotus about TL51 working, I'd ask you to provide me with a solid link/proof/verification that it 100% absolutely does not.

We're waiting.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #107
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Lotus, your position in protesting my request for simple confirmation is a bit comical, and I'm sure that humor isn't lost on readers regardless of their HD DVD or BD persuasion. Is that the best defense of the veracity of production TL51 you can find? Tell the guy asking for confirmation that he's "disgusting" for doing so??.
Yes your behavior is absolutely disgusting. You're trying to promote fear that something won't work so your "side," looks better. It's stupid and lame.

As for your other claims:

1. I posted that TL51 was approved by the Forum.

2. You posted that Bill Hunt claimed that TL51s wouldn't be compatible.

You've held onto your claim since then. That was BEFORE I ever said that titles were in the works. What you're doing is just flat out wrong. You're promoting fear and arguing a point you know you're wrong about just to promote that fear.

That is disgusting to me.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #108
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 938
Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
Boy have you got this game backwards. It's not up to me to prove anything because I'm not the one making claims... you are... I'm the one ASKING for verfication of your claims. It's up to you to demonstrate that your claims are true.
Go get an education. Specifically an Electrical Engineering education. Then go read all the white paper that is available for HD-DVD and how it works.

Your proof is right there. It is undeniable proof.

BTW this is the same response I told a BD Insider to use to respond to the idiots who were posting that BD50s wouldn't play on BD players.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back to the Future: Part Two--Hovland Robinson_A Preamps (Audio & Video) 0 12-11-2007 06:15 PM
Back to the Future: Getting another Mark Levinson No. 40 JerryDelColliano Preamps (Audio & Video) 1 11-21-2007 05:25 PM
Mascot Fight - The Duck vs The Cougar bryan562 Off-Topic Posts 1 09-15-2007 08:51 AM
BACK LIGHTING deacongreg Remotes & System Control 4 08-30-2007 12:45 PM
Server is back up for Forum JerryDelColliano Discuss AVRev.com News 3 08-02-2007 05:14 AM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1