Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-01-2008   #73

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP View Post
Be careful kkozma he's either A.not going to reply back to you or B. Reply back to you to get the last word in and then say he's done talking to you. He's a real treat.

He's already been called out for posting his opinions as facts by me and in the end it turned into a semantics showdown that he tried to end by getting the last word in and then saying he's done. It's something my 10 year old niece likes to do.

This is a nice site with good people on it. It does get old with the likes of akbungle and David coming on here posting in the HD DVD section just to stir the pot.

IMO, I believe the likes of the TL51 disc being ready to be true as well. Will it help...I'm not sure. I think studio support is the biggest thing needed.
You were completely wrong the other day It was not semantics it was a large error on your part again where you said by the end of the year and then told me to produce a current link to a price you can reread it if you like.

However about the posting in the HD DVD area You are right and I'm sorry. I came to this thread from the E-newsletter thingy. I will stop posting in this section completely as it was inadvertent in the first place(with title heading it should have been put in a general area) . I do believe you should have your own space to agree with each other, I have no problem with that but please try to stick to the facts.
Old 02-01-2008   #74
BDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbungle View Post
but please try to stick to the facts.
Likewise, take care.
BDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #75

BDP, Kkozma:

Please treat Akbungle with the same respect you'd like to be treated with. If we can all start doing that then perhaps these "discussions," will stop looking petty. There is just no need to compare him to a 10 year old, etc.

Akbungle:

Please continue to post in this thread your opinions while differing are well appreciated and welcome here by many of us.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Your “FORMAT WAR COMPLETE” signature is not helping your case
I put that up right after the WB news and pretty much everyone agreed, It was me being happy that this silly war was over but I guess it was premature so it will come down.

Lotus:
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-01-2008   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
BDP, Kkozma:

Please treat Akbungle with the same respect you'd like to be treated with. If we can all start doing that then perhaps these "discussions," will stop looking petty. There is just no need to compare him to a 10 year old, etc.

Akbungle:

Please continue to post in this thread your opinions while differing are well appreciated and welcome here by many of us.
I sent Akbungle a PM shortly after our "heated" exchange as an olive branch. We're good now and I have no doubt that MANY of us fighting on the "front lines" of this stupid format war would probably be great friends. What's important for everyone to realize is that we all don't have to agree about everything all of the time.

Anyways, I always try to take the high road on these things and I appolgize to everyone who had to read that BS and to the owners of this site.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #78

Quote:
He's already been called out for posting his opinions as facts by me and in the end it turned into a semantics showdown that he tried to end by getting the last word in and then saying he's done. It's something my 10 year old niece likes to do.
Huh? I share my opinion. You call it fact. I emphasize that it was opinion. And I'm a 10 year old?

Quote:
This is a nice site with good people on it. It does get old with the likes of akbungle and David coming on here posting in the HD DVD section just to stir the pot.
My bad. I actually just realized that this was indeed the "HD DVD" area after reading your comments. Hadn't realized that the forum was segregated like that before... the links to these threads show up in the email-news-letter and don't reveal anything in the link about which forum they stem from. I had just clicked the link in the newsletter when I first came to this thread and didn't even know that there would be an issue like that. My bad.

Quote:
IMO, I believe the likes of the TL51 disc being ready to be true as well. Will it help...I'm not sure. I think studio support is the biggest thing needed.
Ok, so I post opinion, which you suggest I meant as fact, that I emphasize is opinion, and I'm "bad". But you post something that cannot be proved in any way like TL51 ready for replication and we're supposed to trust you? You've already got Universal and Paramount doing HD DVD. If it's commercially viable and ready for prime-time, why can't they do it? Why do you need another "studio" for TL51 to be demonstrated to work?

Actually, the whole TL51 HD DVD thing is very interesting. Looks good on paper. All I want to see is some actual evidence that it can be commercially replicated and play in existing hardware. Is that unreasonable?
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl