Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > HD DVD Software & Hardware

HD DVD Software & Hardware Here is a place to post on everything and anything HD DVD. Toshiba's dead format lives on here.

Old 02-01-2008   #61

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
The only fanatic here is you with your constant proporting of unsubstantiated rumor of TL51GB production which you never, EVER back-up with any documented confirmation.
In PMs you said you were going to stop this absurd BS and name calling but here you are acting like a jerk yet again.

Give it a rest David. I'm not a fanatic but you obviously are. You continue to call me names and repeatedly stretch or hide the truth on here. You also taunt and gloat repeatedly in posts where you post in factual manner that HD DVD won't have content available or that retailers don't want 2 formats. It doesn't matter that you can't prove any of that but you continue to do so. You make DVD File look bad every time you gloat/taunt HD DVD owners on here. Do you realise that? I'm sure the people on the fence are getting put off that a "journalist," is so very much biased for no apparent reason.

For everyone else:

TL51 was approved by the DVD Forum for use. In that meeting yields, etc. were shown to the DVD Forum that it was a "marketable commodity." Studios had TL51 plans on major titles that were to be announced (without dates) at CES. We all know what happened. Paramount is going forward with one TL51 title that I know of, and Universal has a few in the works for release this summer.

David's agenda here is to try and make it look like TL51 doesn't work. It's the same BS agenda that HD DVD fanatics (like he tries to call me) used for BD50.

Why?

45GBs is considered the point with the codecs being used today for optimum picture, sound, and HD extras. So reaching a 50GB point shows that better content can be provided on a regular basis.

So the other side is always afraid of the other side reaching a solid goal like 45GBs. It's stupid behavior and extremely childish to claim it's never going to exist when you know it's in the pipeline.

Bill Hunt claims the only reason he backs BD is the Studio Support. Which was Woolworth's reason as well.

Studios continue to make our purchasing decision for us no matter what the cost to us the consumer. With a Recession on the horizon that's just bad business.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #62

That's alright man, I believe you. Unlike Sony and the rest of the arrogant members of the BDA, Toshiba wouldn't release or approve something that did not work with their current hardware.

Don't let these guys get to you. There's a reason blu-ray.com is coming apart from the inside right now. Arguing with moderators, constant bickering, and hell they even lost an insider due to all of it.

A quote from one of their insiders who said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man
My feelings are that even if somebody is *correct* about a topic and in their personal agenda to prove themselves *correct*…… they can easily run the risk of becoming very, very annoying, if they don’t know when to let it go.
Just think, this started as an argument about compression... It's comical, if you need a laugh for the day you should go read it.
kkozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkozma View Post
Just think, this started as an argument about compression... It's comical, if you need a laugh for the day you should go read it.
It's nice you think it's funny when people aren't getting along, tells me a lot about your character.
Old 02-01-2008   #64

I said the argument was comical. Nice try though.
Old 02-01-2008   #65

Quote:
I said the argument was comical. Nice try though.
Reread your post. "..these guys.." "Arguing with moderators, constant bickering, and hell they even lost an insider....."
Quote:
That's alright man, I believe you. Unlike Sony and the rest of the arrogant members of the BDA,...

Don't let these guys get to you. There's a reason blu-ray.com is coming apart from the inside right now. Arguing with moderators, constant bickering, and hell they even lost an insider due to all of it.

Old 02-01-2008   #66

edited since myself and akbungle have worked this out via PM.

Last edited by kkozma; 02-01-2008 at 08:50 PM..
Sponsored Links

Tags
boulet, david, don, dondvd, dvd, gay, hd, tl