Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Furniture & Racks

Furniture & Racks Discuss how to best display and house your system in the latest new furniture.

Old 01-21-2008   #13

Default Re: Best racks ever made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Sorry I had to post it sideways, I'm dealing without photshop right now...
Sweet! Did you notice any sonic improvements by switching racks? I know it's possible the Rack of Silence was in my house for awhile and it really improved things.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #14

I noticed these are not 3-point balanced. Ha Ha. Did you get casters so it's easy to move around? I have a middle atlantic that I am not too fond of and think one of these would be a great replacement. I really like the granite shelves. Did you get to pick what type of granite?

Also, did you see the rca plugs that are "Hand inlaid, jewel tipped accent on thick gold plated plug."

Wow. . . almost sounds like jewelry. . .Ha Ha

http://www.audiav.com/RCA_Shielding_Caps.html
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
I noticed these are not 3-point balanced. Ha Ha. Did you get casters so it's easy to move around? I have a middle atlantic that I am not too fond of and think one of these would be a great replacement. I really like the granite shelves. Did you get to pick what type of granite?

Also, did you see the rca plugs that are "Hand inlaid, jewel tipped accent on thick gold plated plug."

Wow. . . almost sounds like jewelry. . .Ha Ha

http://www.audiav.com/RCA_Shielding_Caps.html
No, they aren't a three point system, I didn't want one as I have had problems reaching and using cables on certain gear from the center rear post. These racks do have very deep shelves, so that might not have been an issue had they been though.

Casters???

The shipping weight of the rack alone was over 400 pounds! Add a few hundred of gear and NO WAY! Not on the irregularly tiled floors I have! Those little wheels would shatter the first time you tried to move them! This rack doesn't move.

I didn't spec out the granite, but having spent countless time on the phone with Jared Poiry the head guy @ AudiAV and from what I've seen, you could! He has made racks with ACTUAL diamonds in the emblems, and had/has a Genuine series which is the Diamond series gold plated with CZ's running the length of the open channels! I'm sure that one matches someone's grille!

Basically if you have the $$ they can do anything you want, each rack is spec'd then made to order, so I can see no reason you couldn't use any granite you want!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #16

Smile Re: Best racks ever made?

Really good industrial casters can easily support over 1000 pounds of weight. I did not know you were putting your rack on irregularly tiled floors. Hopefully all that weight will not crack them. I have a closet for all my gear and would need a rack on casters. The closet floor is flat and carpeted. My movie room has a long granite bar, so it would be nice to be able to match that granite for a rack, but then again I do like carbon fiber.

That's funny about the rack matching someone's grill. I would not be surprised to see that on Cribs. I'm sure they would also figure out how to make something on it spin too.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #17

Quote:
I'm sure they would also figure out how to make something on it spin too.
Kenny! You got to try that!
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #18

Quote:
Really good industrial casters can easily support over 1000 pounds of weight. I did not know you were putting your rack on irregularly tiled floors. Hopefully all that weight will not crack them. I have a closet for all my gear and would need a rack on casters. The closet floor is flat and carpeted. My movie room has a long granite bar, so it would be nice to be able to match that granite for a rack, but then again I do like carbon fiber.

That's funny about the rack matching someone's grill. I would not be surprised to see that on Cribs. I'm sure they would also figure out how to make something on it spin too.
I think casters would also detract from some of the design of the rack. This rack is totally mass loaded and each shelve decoupled from the frame, then each shelve has it's own internal anti-vibration systems, as well as the magnetic blocking layer. The granite shelves add to the mass loading of the shelves.

Call AudiiAV and ask them, or I'll check with Jared soon as I want to discuss some things with him before I do some more work on it and will post back but I can't see them not doin matching granite for you.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
atlantic, audiav, audio, cad, california, crystal, drawings, furniture, made, middle, rack, racks, signature, video, zirconia