Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Furniture & Racks (http://www.avrev.com/forum/furniture-racks-17/)
-   -   Why do Home Theater seats have drink holders? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/furniture-racks/448-why-do-home-theater-seats-have-drink-holders.html)

JerryDelColliano 08-12-2007 03:55 PM

Why do Home Theater seats have drink holders?

Is there anything more tacky in a big install home theater than drink holders in the arm rests?

I guess they must sell and people might like them but can't you rest your drink on a table or something?

I think the cup holders wreck the lines of the furniture.

j

TheMoose 08-12-2007 06:46 PM

Re: Why do Home Theater seats have drink holders?

If they didn't have drink holders they would just be regular furniture & they wouldn't be able to charge a premium for them! ;):)

JerryDelColliano 08-17-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 1892)
If they didn't have drink holders they would just be regular furniture & they wouldn't be able to charge a premium for them! ;):)

Have you ever been to the Pacific Design Center? This monstrosity of a building is like a high-end, west Hollywood shopping mall for everything in expensive furniture and they CHARGE A FORTUNE for the stuff!!! For example: in a moment of weakness I bought a Christian Liagre' chair. It took 7 months to come from France to their Chicago distribution point. I paid MANY thousands of dollars for it yet they charged me to ship it from Chicago to LA and then to deliver it on top of that.

Trust me - if there is a way to pry your money from you - an interior designer will find it. I have one that I use sometimes - mostly for color selections. That's about it

JBL1990 08-20-2007 01:38 PM

Iím not a huge fan of drink cup holders I like the seat to look the part comfortable with movable back and bottom, hence rocker seat.

kennyt 11-10-2007 08:44 PM

...because I hate to spill my scotch in the dark...

JerryDelColliano 11-11-2007 02:47 PM

Classic Story -

Ben Shyman flew in from NYC for an AVRev.com writer's party. Most everyone on staff was there. Bryan Southard (San Jose) Matt Evert (San Diego) Dr. Zell (La Jollia) Tom Garcia (Santa BArbara) etc... This was years ago.

People were listening to my Watt Puppies including Southard who spooled up "Acchilies Last Stand" from Physical Graphiti. Ben snuck in about 4 minutes into it. Changed the disc to Steely Dan's Aja and put on "Black Cow". Before the second chorus, he fell asleep in my Christian Liagre' sofa resulting in him pouring a "friend pour (like three fingers)" of Glen Farachas (sp) 1968 into the sofa. Someone woke him up to show him he looked like he had peed on the sofa and my girlfriend (now wife) cleaned up the mess. The staff thought it might have been worse to take off Achhilies LAst Stand for Steely Dan than to spill on the sofa. I say wasting that much good scotch might have been worse. My sofa was buzzed for about a week after that!!! :)