Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Furniture & Racks

Furniture & Racks Discuss how to best display and house your system in the latest new furniture.

Old 01-23-2009   #19
kal

Default Re: Why do Home Theater seats have drink holders?

Yup! The pool table was left behind by the previous home owners, and while we really liked it for the first couple of years the novelty really wore off after a while. We found ourselves always wanting to just watch movies instead of playing pool. Same with our guests.

We also found that we never had enough seating since it really only seated 3 comfortably with the couch.

If there was room for both I would have kept the pool table but there wasn't. There's also a home office now in the back of the room because the bedrooms all got filled up.

Kal
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #20

I'm with Jerry, cup holders look cheap and cheesy in a quality Home Theatre recliner.

I see cheap versions of HT seat in department and discount stores and they all have a least a couple things in common, cheap leather (or vinyl) and cup holders.

I bought a set of 4 HT recliners about 8 years ago, list at $10,000 for the set, they still look great, the leather is smooth and supple the mechanism and cushions are all like new... and guess what no spills even without the cup holders! ;-)
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009   #21
Administrator

The key for me is the title of the thread: Why do Home Theater seats have drink holders? Indicating they all do.

Maybe the title should have been: Why do some Home Theater seats have drink holders? since they all don't.

You don't want them, buy the ones that don't have them. You want them? Buy the ones that have 'em.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
chairs, cheap, christian, drink, furniture, holder, holders, home, lane, liagre, movie, rows, seating, sofa, tables, theater