Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Furniture & Racks

Furniture & Racks Discuss how to best display and house your system in the latest new furniture.

Old 06-16-2009   #7

Default Re: Where can I buy furniture at a decent price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt16 View Post
So this is a work-in-progress - will build 2 top towers that are less deep, and a bridge between them. All 3 of those pieces will go to the ceiling. Will also put a drawer under TV. Drawers at top of 2 existing towers hold CDs and DVDs.
So, are those pieces of what you've built so far or are they pre-exiting and you're adding on to them?
Don't forget to make a good spot for the center channel with some space to grow if you upgrade in the future.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
So, are those pieces of what you've built so far or are they pre-exiting and you're adding on to them?
Don't forget to make a good spot for the center channel with some space to grow if you upgrade in the future.
That's what's built so far - a shelf will run from tower to tower across top of TV with plenty of room for Center Channel speaker. Then three top units )of less depth) will hold bookks, pictures, and wife-acceptable chatchkies and the like.
Celt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #9

I couldn't find cabinets that were deep or wide enough for my components, and the racks never really passed the wife test. Even when I found some acceptable black and glass racks, they were not deep enough.

If you are buying cabinetry or racks, consider these before you buy:
* Figure at least 4 to 6 inches beyond your component depth just for the cables.
* Many cabinets are too shallow, and come with a cheap 1/8 inch plywood backing which you have to cut into for cabling.
* Once you do you weaken the structure - the backing keeps it from wracking (flexing off-square)
* Don't underestimate how much heat the components generate - a closed cabinet may do more harm than good.
* if it is closed in, put some wheels under it so you can access cables from the back - once you load a cabinet with several components, it may weigh hundreds of lbs and no longer slides easily
Celt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #10

Theaterseatstore.com is excellent. I saved a ton of money compared to a local dealer. I ordered Palliser brand, and so far so good. They offered free shipping and no tax. I wanted a sample of some of the fabrics, and they sent me out swatches Fedex and recieved very quickly at no charge. I also changed my mind about the finish on the cup holders, and I got replacements from the company in short time for around $10 / unit. No complaints from my standpoint.
docjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #11

Talking Re: Where can I buy furniture at a decent price?

Well you can search it online, there are a lot of sites to choose from. It's just a matter of choosing the right item that fits your style.
thel1fter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #12

Get some quotes from different furnitures stores and then you can figure a decent price. There are plenty of websites where you can search from.

Make sure you protect the furniture, especially tables, from moisture discolorations, scratches, dents, spills, and heat damage from hot dishes with the use of table pads.
sharlokhomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audiovideo, buy, decent, end, forum, furnisher, furniture, good, high, monthly, payment, pricing, store, whats