Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Furniture & Racks

Furniture & Racks Discuss how to best display and house your system in the latest new furniture.

Old 07-23-2007   #1
Administrator

Default D-Box Quest Motion Simulation Chair - Rock your home theater experience

Read the full review by clicking below.

D-Box Quest Integrated Motion Simulation Seating Reviewed

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #2

Default Re: D-Box Quest Motion Simulation Chair - Rock your home theater experience

I test drove one of these the other day, it was an interesting experience.
I think for me it would work better in a video game setting rather than movies, I could see it getting annoying after a while when watching movies & if you were taking a drink when an explosion happened your gonna make a mess!
I like the force feedback in my video games & could see this working well in a driving game or flight simulator.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #3

Default Re: D-Box Quest Motion Simulation Chair - Rock your home theater experience

I tried these out a few years ago at Star Power in Dallas.
At first thought, they seemed like a good idea, but after trying them they were not quite true to the corresponding moment on the screen. I guess back then, they still had a few bugs.

Also I decided that I want to just watch the movie not feel like I was in it.
Besides, I new I definitely would be spilling drinks and everything else on them. . . not to mention poking myself in the eye with a cheeto when the chair takes an unsuspecting turn.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009   #4

I had to use these long time back. But these days I am not using
davidboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
chair, chairs, dbox, driving, furniture, game, home, make, motion, quest, setup, sim, simulation, simulator, theatre