Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Furniture & Racks

Furniture & Racks Discuss how to best display and house your system in the latest new furniture.

Old 06-21-2007   #1

Default Looking for functional entertainment center with wire management

Hi folks, I am just starting out, and would like some advice on audio furniture. I am searching for an entertainment center for my living room (definitely not a home theater!) that is made of glass, has a center pedestal, and some sort of wire management system. I know tastes and equipment needs vary, but I'm hoping you can at least suggest some manufacturers. Google searching hasn't been very satisfying, and I'm sure there are some great units out there.

Thanks in advance,

Jim L
Jim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #2

Default Re: Looking for functional entertainment center with wire management

There are TONS of brands out there for you to look into for furniture. B'ello I have seen has some nice stuff. There is an expensive brand called Particular. Lots of options. Salamander, Boltz.

My advice is to make sure you consider both heat and future expansion. Heat kills gear and having more room to grow your system is key.
Old 07-17-2007   #3

Jim,
There are indeed a lot of options although one thing you may want to reconsider is having your furniture made of glass. Although the look is very modern and refined, glass is horrible at absorbing vibration and sound waves, so the chances of that affecting the performance of your equipment is much higher.
I also ditto Jerry's advice.

Good Luck
Cilleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #4

Thumbs up Re: Looking for functional entertainment center with wire management

Really thanks for the suggestion and I have the same issue in my mind and the there are blendy of brands to do in the management area.
Old 05-03-2013   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim L View Post
Hi folks, I am just starting out, and would like some advice on audio furniture. I am searching for an entertainment center for my living room (definitely not a home theater!) that is made of glass, has a center pedestal, and some sort of wire management system. I know tastes and equipment needs vary, but I'm hoping you can at least suggest some manufacturers. Google searching hasn't been very satisfying, and I'm sure there are some great units out there.

Thanks in advance,

Jim L
I would suggest you to go for either Crown Mark or Ashley. Their entertainment centers are stylish and functional.

Tags
audio, center, entertainment, flat, home, homes, management, managements, media, panel, syatem, system, theater, video, wire, wires