Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 10-21-2007   #1

Unhappy Thriller was mixed for 5.1 and DVD-Audio but never released

I know who mixed it and where you can hear it but I can't say. Somewhere in town here.

The Jackson camp and Sony approved the terrible stereo SACD release (a great album with a terrible mix) but never released the 5.1 mix for release.

The people who have heard this mix in private listening sessions say it is INCREDIBLE. Really dynamic and a pretty ambitious mix which the music would lend itself towards.

Would you buy Thriller in 5.1 on DVD-Audio, SACD or one of today's formats like HD DVD or Blu-ray?
Old 10-22-2007   #2

Default Re: Thriller was mixed for 5.1 and DVD-Audio but never released

Despite Jackson being a complete freak, it is hard to deny that Thriller is a great album. So unfortunately I would have to buy it if it were to be released on a high-res format. It better be one outstanding sounding album though.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #3

I would rather line up the entire Chino prison to toss salads than buy a Michael Jackson album, or worse let it be played on my system!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I would rather line up the entire Chino prison to toss salads than buy a Michael Jackson album, or worse let it be played on my system!
Ken - you have a magical way with words!
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #5

Wow kennyt, that is pretty strong!! But to answer your question Jerry, a definite yes. In fact, his two best lps are Thriller, and what came before, Off the Wall. I would buy both. Once Quincy Jones came into his life, that was it!!

Now, that is someone`s music I certainly would like to buy in high res audio. "Walking in Space", "Gula Matari", "SmackWater Jack", the list goes on, but I would start there.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #6

I would buy Thriller in a 5.1 mix. Yes, Michael is a freak. Yes, he needs some MAJOR help. But I'm still hoping that music 5.1 mixes are not dead. I'd support the format and buy Thriller.
sbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, album, audio, dvd, dvda, dvdaudio, jackson, michael, mix, music, super, surround, thriller, version, video