Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

View Poll Results: Which Isaac Hayes SACD is best
Hot Buttered Soul (SACD) 1 33.33%
Soundtrack from Shaft (SACD) 1 33.33%
I only listen to Ike on gold plated records while testing my theaton levels (Scientology joke) 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007   #7

Question Re: Which Isaac Hayes SACD is better?

Not to move away from Isaac hayes at all, but my best friend had a Best of Barry White CD in his BMW. Sounded great listening to Midnight and You, Satin Doll, Love`s Theme. etc. But I don`t remember seeing any of his stuff on high rez media??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #8

Default Re: Which Isaac Hayes SACD is better?

Every time I listen to Hot Buttered Soul my theaton levels surge. I have measured it.

I am going use this as part of my space opera before my purification rundown (its always the same.... purification rundown its always a shame)

(PS: if you have NO IDEA what I am talking about - look into the basics of Scientology)
Old 11-03-2007   #9

Thumbs up Re: Which Isaac Hayes SACD is better?

I`ll have to do that, cause I don`t. Hopefully those levels surging are bringing you to audio nirvana.
Old 11-24-2007   #10

The best show I have EVER SEEN was Ike live at the House of Blues in West Hollywood. I was a freshman at USC and I took all my buddies. The HOB wasn't open more than 3 days so it was loaded with celeb types. I got to meet Ike at the bar and he was WAY cool.

The show was off the charts. He has SO MANY great songs and like Sinatra or Tony Bennett - he can song style on other people's jams from yesteryear or today.

The Scientology thing is a bit much for me especially as it relates to South Park but to each his own I guess.
Old 11-24-2007   #11

Yeah, that is great. I enjoyed Ike live myself. Bare chested with his gold, singing By The Time I get to Phoenix. Excellent. To vote, man that is really difficult. His first 4 albums were great. To now have to pick one...............Whew!!
Old 12-30-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Hot Buttered Soul:
http://www.avrev.com/music/revs/isaachayes.shtml

Soundtrack From Shaft:
http://www.avrev.com/music/revs/shaft_sacd.html

This is a tough call. The SACDs are better sounding than the CDs. BUMMER these aren't remastered into surround but glad to have them on SACD for stereo.

What is your vote?

Alright Jerry, I have an answer for you. And, I`m sure it will surprise some. But one thing about Mr. Hayes, is that he can take a classic song, and totally re-arrange like nothing you had heard before. The beginning of "Look of Love" is classic. And those background singers and horns!! But, the pop song "Our Day Will Come" I love his arrangement for this song. And, believe it or not, I did like the original. So, with Ike`s Rap starting out the LP, my choice is "To Be Continued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

BTW, Musicdirect.com 3 weeks ago had this for $18.99 as a Mobile Fidelity SACD HYBRID. I went yesterday to go purchase it, and there are no more. What a shame. Now, I have to settle for one of those super saver cds.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bev, buttered, circle, hayes, hot, isaac, issac, musicdirect, review, sacd, scientology, shaft, soul, southard, video