Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 08-17-2007   #13

Default Re: Best 5.1 music mix ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
The demo disc that came with my Acura TL - It has some Doobie Brothers, Blue Man Group, and Dire Straits tracks as well as others I can't tink of at the moment. A great demo of what 5.1 can do for audio.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Dr. Waldrep from AIX records do the DVD-a demo disc for Acura. I bet it sounds as good as the other discs he puts out. I guess I will have to go test drive an Acura to hear it.
tlqualman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlqualman View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Dr. Waldrep from AIX records do the DVD-a demo disc for Acura. I bet it sounds as good as the other discs he puts out. I guess I will have to go test drive an Acura to hear it.
I'll have to check on the disc and see. My TL is an 04 so they may have changed the demo by now. I know they don't advertize the DVD-A capability anymore but I think it's still there. At the time I got mine - it was the first DVD-A system available in a car. I use the XM radio a lot more than the CD/DVD player now.

Scott
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #15

Rush's R30 tour. Too bad there is no DVD-Audio disc of it.
bryan562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #16

I have found NO good Rush in 5.1...

The music DEMANDS the attention but the lablel is ignorant to the consumer demand.

j
Old 09-24-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
The demo disc that came with my Acura TL - It has some Doobie Brothers, Blue Man Group, and Dire Straits tracks as well as others I can't tink of at the moment. A great demo of what 5.1 can do for audio.
I`m not sure who it was, I think Stereophile, did a review of the trend of high end companies getting invovled in car audio. Mark Levinson (lexus), Harman International (BMW), Bang and Olufsen (Audi), and the mentioned Acura. The Mark Lev system for Lexus has been the winner for 3 ears in a row for overall sound and balance.

But, if memory serves, the Acura system was right behind with great reviews. I just can`t put my finger on, who designed the system. But it was someone prominent in the AV industry.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
if memory serves, the Acura system was right behind with great reviews. I just can`t put my finger on, who designed the system. But it was someone prominent in the AV industry.
It was created by Panasonic, under the guidance of 5.1 super-engineer Elliot Scheiner:

http://www.elssurround.com/rdx.asp

For anyone who is not familiar with his exceptional career as a recording engineer/ producer, here is a list of Elliot's music credits:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Elliot+Scheiner

====================

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, acura, album, artists, audio, demo, disc, dts, dvd, dvds, great, mix, mixes, mixing, music, prophet, song, surround, tl, top