Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 08-04-2007   #1

Default Getz and Gilberto - better than Kind of Blue on SACD?

http://www.avrev.com/music/revs/getzgil.shtml

My SACD player is a Sony five disc changer and this SACD NEVER EVER leaves the tray. Same with Dark Side.

Like Kind of Blue, there isn't a bad note on the record. If pressed, I would say Getz and Gilberto is a slightly better sounding record but I wouldn't want to live without both. Truly a killer record. Absolutely defines the Brazilian Jazz genre.

What would you do to someone if they tried to take this disc away from you?
Old 09-29-2007   #2

Thumbs up Re: Getz and Gilberto - better than Kind of Blue on SACD?

Without a doubt, this is a great record. One that got played quite a bit. And, I will have to pick this up on SACD. Is this better than Miles? I would have to say, both titles meant a lot for jazz and bossa Nova, or really Brazilian jazz. So, I don`t think a comparison is fair.
However, Miles may get a slight edge in my opinion.

BUT, and this may surprise you Jerry. My introduction to Astrud Gilberto came on CTI`s recording, "Astrud Gilberto." A beautiful cd, and a must have. Lush strings with great sidemen, I was blown away by her voice and the brazilian sound. With one of my favorite tenor sax players backing her up, Stanley Turrentine, this cd is great. Favorites: Wanting Things, Brazilian Tapestry, To a Flame (beautiful flute solo by Hubert Laws), and Vera Cruz with Stanley rocking on the sax.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blogspot, blue, cd, getz, getzgilberto, gilberto, jazz, kind, king, record, release, review, sacd, super