Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 11-09-2007   #7

Smile Re: Is Miles Davis - Kind of Blue the best SACD ever

If not its one of the best ever .. I have most of Miles releases on SACD and DVD-A , Albums etc . I rate KOB up there . He was one of my top favs when i was growing up . I tried once to get him to sign one of his Lps for me . And he was not very nice , made some rude remark to me , ( i was 10 or 12 yrs old at the time ). I had one of his band members go get it signed for me . I still have that album signed and sealed to this day.. I play it once a year ! LUKE
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #8

Default Re: Is Miles Davis - Kind of Blue the best SACD ever

Doesn't that JUST SUCK?

It takes JUST as long to sign an autograph than to say NO. What an asshole.

I got in a BIG argument with Jerry Sinefeld at a private party in Montery hosted by Porsche for their 50th anneversary. Sinefeld, at the time, as a member of the same chapter of the PCA and when I walked out of the party (with a signed poster from a charity event) the head of the chapter called me over and introduced me. The first thing out of Sinefeld's mouth was "I don't want to sign you poster" with a real arrogant tone. As if I wanted Jerry Sinefeld to sign anything. I got Hurley Haywood to sign my poster (part of the charity) who is WAY cooler. The poster hangs in my garage to this day. I think Derek Bell signed it too (Le Mans driver).
Old 11-14-2007   #9

I don`t know about Seinfeld, but Miles is notoriously knowm for being a mean spirited cat. Period. There are many stories in the jazz world about Miles, and his distant and often crazy attitude. Not at all condoning it, that was just Miles. Aloof, sometimes cruel, even in his relationships with women, that was his persona.

Music was great though.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #10

The Dual Disc is very good also. Like i said in my other note this might be my fav recording of all time . I love T. Monk and A couple of Sun Ra Albums and then there is TIME OUT Dave Brubeck Quartet SACD . But I always go back to KOB . Its one a few sets of records , SGT PEPPER AND ABBEY RD, BLONDE ON BLONDE just to name a few that i have to say , like a fine painting , just a walk throught time , and the gallery of the mind of the artist. Kind of Blue is one of them. TUTU is not bad on DVD-A also.. i almost forgot
JORMA KAUKONEN'S BLUE COUNTRY HEART SACD.. On one of the songs you can hear the dog out in the yard BARK , if your system is good and your eyes have held up over time . LUKE

Last edited by luke; 11-15-2007 at 06:36 PM..
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #11

Dude,

Sun Ra was from Philly and Mars - much like a few guys I went to Prep School with back in my hometown.
Old 11-18-2007   #12

I just played SGT Peppers and most of Magical Mystery Tour on my new Revels.

They sounded really good...

j
Sponsored Links

Tags
album, audio, blogspot, blue, blues, date, davis, dvdaudio, fidelity, kind, miles, mobile, review, sacd, sound