Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   DVD-Audio & SACD Software (http://www.avrev.com/forum/dvd-audio-sacd-software-52/)
-   -   YES Close To The Edge Was Rumored to be released on DVD-Audio (http://www.avrev.com/forum/dvd-audio-sacd-software/406-yes-close-edge-rumored-released-dvd-audio.html)

JerryDelColliano 08-04-2007 09:58 AM

YES Close To The Edge Was Rumored to be released on DVD-Audio

I was told by a good source that the epic Close To The Edge by YES was supposed to be released on DVD-Audio but never was.

Fragile is a nifty record that I love but Close To The Edge is something far better. 3 songs and not a bad note. I can listen to that record over and over and NEVER get sick of it. I would LOVE to hear a high resolution 5.1 mix of it. WHY would this never be released?

Enoch 08-10-2007 08:22 AM

Re: YES Close To The Edge Was Rumored to be released on DVD-Audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 1663)
I was told by a good source that the epic Close To The Edge by YES was supposed to be released on DVD-Audio but never was.

Fragile is a nifty record that I love but Close To The Edge is something far better. 3 songs and not a bad note. I can listen to that record over and over and NEVER get sick of it. I would LOVE to hear a high resolution 5.1 mix of it. WHY would this never be released?

Agreed. That's a shame. CTTE would have been awesome!

timbre4 08-12-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 1663)

FYI - This was supposed to be issued as a quadraphonic release according to a summer 1975 Schwann record & tape catalog. (about a dozen of these WEA quads never materialized)

It is my understanding that CTTE is a master tapes issue. I want to have it very badly but will take Relayer in 5.1 DVD-A while I wait....

Enoch 08-12-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbre4 (Post 1894)
FYI - This was supposed to be issued as a quadraphonic release according to a summer 1975 Schwann record & tape catalog. (about a dozen of these WEA quads never materialized)

It is my understanding that CTTE is a master tapes issue. I want to have it very badly but will take Relayer in 5.1 DVD-A while I wait....

What!? Please don't tease. Is this serious? Or just wishful thinking?

timbre4 08-15-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 1903)
What!? Please don't tease. Is this serious? Or just wishful thinking?

Teasing is for politicians; what I said is true.

kennyt 08-15-2007 04:09 PM

I would love to have CTTE on DVD-A, I just listened to Fragile, which was the first LP I ever bought, and BTW the first music I ever kissed a girl to as well! CTTE is a more involving album for me though, and I would have loved to have that one in hi-rez!