Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 09-03-2008   #7

Default Re: The best sounding DVD-Audio title of all time - Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Secti

What a tease! I thought I would go and pick this up but after 2 hours of ignoring my job and searching all over the internet (concentration on Japanese CD stores) NOTHING!

If anyone has a line on these please do me a solid and e-mail me at sashua@optonline.net

I assume that the SACD version, which is available, is not quite up to snuff?

-Russ
sashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #8

Default Re: The best sounding DVD-Audio title of all time - Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Secti

So nobody answered
Is the unavailable DVD-Audio that much better than the available SACD? If so...why?
sashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #9

Thumbs up Re: The best sounding DVD-Audio title of all time - Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Secti

Quote:
Originally Posted by David DelGrosso View Post
The sound quality of this recording PROVES that many "oldies" would sound great in a Hi-Rez format... but these tracks don't really blow me away.

Personally, I would love to purchase re-mastered 24/96 stereo versions of these classic jazz recordings:

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Chick Corea - Return To Forever
Chick Corea - Romantic Warrior (in 5.1)
Herbie Han**** - Maiden Voyage
Freddie Hubbard - Red Clay
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
Keith Jarrett - My Song
John McLaughlin - Inner Mounting Flame (in 5.1)
Ralph Towner - Diary
Ralph Towner - Solstice

How about a "Collectors Series" of HD-DVD MUSIC titles ?

* Re-mastered stereo tracks in uncompressed 24/ 96 PCM
* On-screen album artwork and artist bios/photos
* List price: $19.95

Am I the only one who would pay $20 for GREAT music-only discs?

DD
David,

I`m sure you know that Return To Forever has gotten back together and have released a new Anthology cd with remastered classics.
Also, there is a new cd that I think you will like. Its Entitled "Thunder"by S.M.V. SMV stands for Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, and Victor Wooten. 3 classic bass players. Pick it up!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #10

I have the Art Pepper disc

Others in this format that have excellent sonics IMHO are Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus & Way out West

On a side note the label STRAIGHTahead has 3 disc out that have great sonics 96/24 and pretty damn good performances too!
While I couldn't find a thread on this...the latest K2HD format jvc is using certainly gets an approval from me on anything Ive heard so far!
750 Sig's/200/300's/UFW-10, Rotel 1065, Toshiba DVD-9200, AA DDS-Pro, P1a(SOCS)/P3a level2/P3b level 1 (P1/P3 EA'd), BPT 2.5 Ultra, QSymphony Pro, Sennheiser HD600/Equinox, GSP Solo,Xfeed, 20a dedicated circuit, 8thNerve
Ronm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #11

Smile Re: The best sounding DVD-Audio title of all time - Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Secti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronm1 View Post
I have the Art Pepper disc

Others in this format that have excellent sonics IMHO are Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus & Way out West

On a side note the label STRAIGHTahead has 3 disc out that have great sonics 96/24 and pretty damn good performances too!
While I couldn't find a thread on this...the latest K2HD format jvc is using certainly gets an approval from me on anything Ive heard so far!
Sounds good. I do not have the pepper disc. Sounds like I need to get it. When you get a chance, pick up the Jaco Pastorious big band cd, Word of Mouth Re-visited. His and Weather Report classics re-done. Superb sound, because this is on Telarc`s jazz label, Heads Up. All of telarc`s cd`s are SACD Hybrids.

Also, as a side note, they have what they call an enhanced cd. Which allows you to play it in your computer, withstudio sessions, interviews with the artists, and how they feel about Jaco, excellent.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008   #12

I'll have to pick up the Art Pepper disc as well.

"Petsounds" by the Beachboys is pretty cool. "Tommy", by The Who, is great.

Try Keb Mo's "Just Like Me" if you own a SACD player. Really cool stuff. I also really like Steely Dan's Goucho in SACD as well.

I like two channel, but the multi-channel stuff really let's you hear the music in a different light, if you can open your mind to it.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
24192, art, audio, audios, cd, dvd, dvdaudio, jazz, juber, laurence, meets, pepper, recordings, rhythm, section, sounding, stereo, time, titles