Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 08-04-2007   #1

Default Blue Man Group on DVD-Audio: Vegas understands the importance of surround sound

http://www.avrev.com/music/revs/bluemangroupdvda.shtml

Why is it that Vegas understand the importance of surround sound but the major labels can't see it. Vegas booms with new billion dollar properties springing up everywhere yet the music industry sucks out loud with lower sales numbers every year. The Beatles Love is a hit in surround as is the Blue Man Group both on a disc but come from the inspiration of the live show.

Who knew beating on PVC pipe could be so musically exciting? But it is.

I saw the Blue Man Group as a guest of DTS a few CES' ago and while I am not one for Vegas shows (I don't do buffets either) however I gotta say they really nailed it. The event was visually dyanamic with audio to match. Never was it too over the top loud but the sound was powerful and impactful. With a good system at home - you can get the same audio experience from the DVD-Audio disc.

Read the Richard Elen review here:
http://www.avrev.com/music/revs/bluemangroupdvda.shtml

And share your experience with the Blue Man Group both live and on DVD-Audio with us here.
Old 08-12-2007   #2

Default Re: Blue Man Group on DVD-Audio: Vegas understands the importance of surround sound

Really like this stuff, especially in 5.1. The choice cover songs and guest vocalists on the 2nd DVD-A (The Complex) were a neat surprise...
timbre4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, blue, caratula, de, dvd, group, groupon, importance, live, man, review, show, software, sound, surround, vegas