Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 04-24-2009   #13
rex

Default Re: How to choose a good and appropriate DVD Ripper for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
No the PowerDVD player will play HD in analog either component or VGA just fine.

This may no longer work once the ICT flags are activated (in 2012?): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_Constraint_Token
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009   #14
Administrator

So far the ICT flags has applied to players only. Will there be something for PCs in the future? Maybe. I'll deal with that when it occurs, but it was not a reason for me not to get set up to copy HDM like I do today.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #15

it is useful to me, and i also think it doesnt matter if it is for personal use
oposky2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
rbinck,
Care to share any details?

Personally, I use AnyDVD ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) to make backups of my movies. Those of you with kids at home already know why this is important! If you remove all of the extra features, a two-hour Blu-ray feature film will fit on one 4.7GB DVD-SL in H.264/AVC at a resolution of 720p with AC-3 audio; of course these can only be played back on a BD player. (BD blanks are still too expensive for me to use them for backups.) You can also make MPEG-2 backups of BD's for playback on regular DVD players without incurring the additional expense of buying a DVD version of your movie. AnyDVD is the only software I am aware of to-date that effectively allows you to defeat the BD+ security of Blu-ray discs. Besides allowing you to rip the movie to your hardrive, you can playback the original disc on non-HDCP compliant monitors/video cards. Very highly recommended for serious HT enthusiasts!

AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support, including decryption of Blu-ray (BD+ and AACS) and HD DVD (AACS) movies.But its output only ISO or .TS, .M2TS files.

Without format conversion function, users need to rely on the third party software to transfer format.
No downsizing function, the decrypted files occupy too much storage space.
No custom settings to adjust bit rate, frame rate, etc.
ww927bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #17

u wanna just rip, not transcode? Cause these files cant be played on pc
oposky2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, choose, dualdisc, dvd, dvdaudio, forum, good, hdcp, hdtv, hp, rip, ripper, ripperforum, sacd, sound