Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 03-08-2008   #1

Default Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

I don't mean the Pixies or something from an audiophile label that would be a success if it sold 4k units.

Do you think any studios would ever look to release music on a high resolution disc? Would it be Blu-ray? They don't seem to fond of that format yet.

What do you think?
Old 03-08-2008   #2

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

I doubt we'll see much more in the DVD-A or SACD formats. I think if they were to do something, Blu-ray would seem to offer at least as good a fidelity and simpler set up, but alas I doubt they'll do anything meaningful on this format either...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #3

Jerry,

I wish I could tell you something different, but I agree with kenny. I mean, after all that has happened now, what would make, or better yet, jar these guys at the top, to make this move now? What? Not our thinking, but, what do you think it would take for the light bulb to go off in one of their heads??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #4

I certainly hope that we'll see more from at least one of these formats. The sad fact is that we'll not see anything more than esoteric classical stuff. I'm afraid that both formats are dead for mainstream music buyers.

I just don't see the major labels wanting to invest in the infrastructure to support another 'hi-rez' format that may or may not be obsolete in 5 years or less. Certainly not while MP3 downloads are what all the hip hop crowd crave. The thing today is not how does your system sound, but rather how many thousand songs can fit on your cell phone.

I just wish I knew of some effective way to convince them (majors and hip hoppers) that some high rez format needs to be declared the standard. We should be able to download and store music at the highest resolution possible on our hard drives and then if MP3 is our 'thing' compress them for playback on portable systems.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I certainly hope that we'll see more from at least one of these formats. The sad fact is that we'll not see anything more than esoteric classical stuff. I'm afraid that both formats are dead for mainstream music buyers.

I just don't see the major labels wanting to invest in the infrastructure to support another 'hi-rez' format that may or may not be obsolete in 5 years or less. Certainly not while MP3 downloads are what all the hip hop crowd crave. The thing today is not how does your system sound, but rather how many thousand songs can fit on your cell phone.

I just wish I knew of some effective way to convince them (majors and hip hoppers) that some high rez format needs to be declared the standard. We should be able to download and store music at the highest resolution possible on our hard drives and then if MP3 is our 'thing' compress them for playback on portable systems.

Your right on it Butch, I mentioned the same thing a while back. The youth are not so interested in listening or really enjoying the music, they brag about how many more songs I have than you. My stepson, almost everyday, changes his songs in his Nano. You would think, once all music was downloaded, you would just access your library. But, that is not what they do.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #6
wes

Smile Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

This is the future High Def Digital download.

Studio Master FLAC 24bit 88.2kHz 2,403.9MB or WMA 24bit 88.2kHz 2,381.7MB

We will need Tera-bytes of hard drive

http://www.linnrecords.com/recording...ymphonies.aspx
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, dead, dvd, dvda, dvdaudeo, dvdaudio, flac, formats, hdmi, imac, player, release, releases, sacd, uk, vinyl