Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 05-31-2008   #31

Talking Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Hello,

There has recently been announced and posted on this forum the first Blue Ray DVD-A/SACD Hybrid disc!

Also, Neil Young recently announced he intends to release his entire catalog on Blue Ray. I can't wait to hear it.

So it looks like the audiophile community will not be left behind in the pursuit of the best possible source reproduction in the home!

Cheers,

DrDennis
DrDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #32

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walters View Post
Folks,
What bothers me about the whole situation is: anybody that enjoys/is interested in SACD & DVD-A has the necessary equipment. If you want to get into the new lossless codecs, you need a new HDMI 1.3 player & 1.3 pre-pro or receiver. So what are you supposed to do with the "old" stuff [which may be expensive/high-end equipment]........chuck it???? I would love to see a re-birth of SACD/DVD-A! Just my 2 cents!
I agree that chucking is not good. Though, it seems sometimes they expect us as audiophiles to do so. Like we have all this disposable income lying around the house.

I just said this on another thread, depending on how far this all goes, should a lot more discs become available, what we may need is what I proposed during the format wars. A true "universal player"that plays sd cd`s, sacd`s, dvd-a`s, and blu-ray discs. Those of us that still have current universals, I guess we use them until they die off. Its unfortunate, but what else can we do at this point?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #33

Lightbulb Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

This Blu ray thing stinks, just got an Oppo a couple of years ago and have about 10 very good SACDs and one DVD-A, The last great SACD I got was "Music From Big Pink" -The Band Mo-Fi (excellent).

I A/Bed the best recording of Live @ Fillmore by Allman Brothers vs the hybrid SACD, just no comparison, The SACD sound is huge. Anyone ever hear an AIx DVD audio with John Mcuen and some of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Jennifer Warnes, geta a lot of hype.
Jm
Fishman pickupsl
"John 3:16"
guit30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010   #34

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Go Oppo!!!
Fishman pickupsl
Old 06-10-2012   #35

Exclamation Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Hopefully,
I see alot of rereleases coming out as hybrid SACD, I think that the pre hybrid SACDs sounded better, I had a Carole King SACD, that was the best quality SACD I ever heard> I had to sell it, because of being on disability and I got 70 bucks for it easy. I have Only heard one pure DVD-audio, love it, with DTS it is incredible. I have an Oppo universal disc player and it just makes fine music, Think SACD will be around for awhile, cause they are still selling 10,000 dollar CD/SaCD players, you know? - Check Elusive disc.

bye
Fishman pickupsl
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, dead, dvd, dvda, dvdaudeo, dvdaudio, flac, formats, hdmi, imac, player, release, releases, sacd, uk, vinyl