Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 04-09-2008   #25

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

New Yamaha C961 i think plays SACD through the HDMI.
shokhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Yes you must have bought an early version of the PS3 the new ones don't support SACD!!

Sony has not released an SACD player in three years!!

They released the SCD-XA9000ES in 2003 and nothing since then? Also none of their Blu Ray players support SACD, of course SONY wants the customers to buy several players ideally an SACD, a Blu Ray and a CD player and a DVD player!! More profit for them.

This leaves us with the Oppo player which I have heard is amaizing
If you have the money the inventorr of the SACD sound that Sony promoted (Ed Meitner) is still making both home and professional equipment at his production/research facility.( the only difference is the connectors for home or Pro)
<http://www.emmlabs.com/html/audio/cdsa/cdsa.html>
His new All in One CD player is half what the transport plus decoder used to cost. $10,000
I can't afford it myself but I can tell you I have heard them in several homes and they are terrific. I have also seen the manufacturing process and it is first class. including the hand connection of all circuit boards, controls etc. and no integrated circuits used.
wilkinsb@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #27
wes

Cool Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

This is a bit out of my price range for a player? I am going entirely digital iMac wav files except for my work horse Sony SACD 777ES.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #28

Cool Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
This is the future High Def Digital download.

Studio Master FLAC 24bit 88.2kHz 2,403.9MB or WMA 24bit 88.2kHz 2,381.7MB

We will need Tera-bytes of hard drive

http://www.linnrecords.com/recording...ymphonies.aspx
I thought SA would be the winning HiRes CD format like Blu-ray even though I have a universal player. The marketplace (in my opinion) drove DVD-A off into the sunset because of its non-hybrid technology unlike SACD. At least a hybrid SA could be played in a conventional CD player. One of the issues I found with SA is that the format released very few new recordings, there are and still is an abundance of re-issues. It now looks like SA is also heading for the sunset, sans classical releases. Like Wes' note, I noticed that Chesky records is launching a high-resolution download store called HDtracks: http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?fi...gename=aboutus with liner notes in PDF format, (i.e.) : http://www.hdtracks.com/images/tom_harrell.pdf This may be the future of HiRes audio.

Last edited by Ken S; 04-15-2008 at 03:22 PM..
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #29

There is certainly a lot on the horizon that can happen. I`m just not sure, what is truly going to happen. Who, is going to pull the trigger, or take things to the next level for good.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #30

Folks,
What bothers me about the whole situation is: anybody that enjoys/is interested in SACD & DVD-A has the necessary equipment. If you want to get into the new lossless codecs, you need a new HDMI 1.3 player & 1.3 pre-pro or receiver. So what are you supposed to do with the "old" stuff [which may be expensive/high-end equipment]........chuck it???? I would love to see a re-birth of SACD/DVD-A! Just my 2 cents!
Bob Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, dead, dvd, dvda, dvdaudeo, dvdaudio, flac, formats, hdmi, imac, player, release, releases, sacd, uk, vinyl