Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 04-09-2008   #19

Thumbs up Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Walters View Post
deacongreg.
I still do that...LISTEN to music. Since we're neighbors, we should get together and enjoy music "the old fashioned way"!!!!!!!!!
Count me in! I'd even be willing to bring those factory-sealed Sheffield LPs I've been hoarding in the garage for a spin or two.

Last edited by MoosePond; 04-09-2008 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: corrected copy
MoosePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #20
wes

Cool Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVDA release? Yes FLAC 24bit 88.2k

Well check out sa-cd.net, may you find what you are looking for.

If one wants to demo the power of digital download try this out: Linn website you can download FLAC 24bit 88.2kHz music, a bit pricey but no more than LPs!
http://www.linnrecords.com/recording...iano-duos.aspx
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #21

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

I think that one of the failures of the SACD/DVD-A formats was that there was no standardized interconnect to take full advantage of it. You either had to buy the proprietary technologies from Denon, Pioneer, Meridian, etc...or go the 6-channel analog route which often became a hassle because of Bass Management/time alignment issues.

Ironically, with HDMI finally becoming more stable...and the introduction of the new high-rez audio receivers/SSPs and Oppo players, I've become more interested in SACD/DVD-A than I've ever been. Many people who have picked up the newer Integra, Onkyo and Denons to take advantage of the lossless audio for video, are finally experiencing the full potential that SACD/DVD-A has to offer. Sadly, it may be too late...and much of its failure may simply be due to bad timing. Maybe we can have a revival
goldear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #22
wes

Smile Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

I doubt that there will be a revival for SACD I agre that having 6 analog cable for CD is a drag and expensive!

In their new SACD player Sony used digital but you had to have their AV receiver!
Old 04-09-2008   #23

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

I never really bought into SACD or DVD-A. The only SACD I have is the Pink Floyd release. The PS3 does play SACD through the fiber out which is my current setup. I believe it will also play through HDMI. The PS3 is the only thing I have that plays SACD, so I really don't have any other SACD players to compare it to. I do think it does sound better than the standard CD version that I have listened to for years.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #24
wes

Cool Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Yes you must have bought an early version of the PS3 the new ones don't support SACD!!

Sony has not released an SACD player in three years!!

They released the SCD-XA9000ES in 2003 and nothing since then? Also none of their Blu Ray players support SACD, of course SONY wants the customers to buy several players ideally an SACD, a Blu Ray and a CD player and a DVD player!! More profit for them.

This leaves us with the Oppo player which I have heard is amaizing

Last edited by wes; 04-09-2008 at 01:41 PM..
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, dead, dvd, dvda, dvdaudeo, dvdaudio, flac, formats, hdmi, imac, player, release, releases, sacd, uk, vinyl