Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 03-24-2008   #7

Default Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Hmmmmmmmmm........... We`ll see.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #8

Porcupine Tree seems to like DVD-A. All the one's i have are great.
Todays newer music lovers are about quanity, not quality.
If they would only sit down and listen to some of the DCC's and targets i have that could change there mind.
shokhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #9

The key thing you said there was, sit down and listen to music. NO ONE does that today. Think about it. I do not know your age, but back in my day, we actually went shopping together for albums. It was an experience. Like women shopping for shoes. Had lunch afterwards, and could not wait to get home to crack the shrink wrap off your new albums.

Friday night (not every friday night!!) would leave work, maybe play BBall at the center, then go home, have a brew, and listen to music for hours. When it got to late, put on my Koss Pro 2 +2 quad headphones. Who does this today? Not a soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to your friends basement, and listen to music at his house. The love of music is gone. Unfortunately.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #10
wes

Smile Re: Will there ever be another meaningful SACD or DVD-Audio release?

Well I agree, but a few of us still enjoy the music which is why we spend thousands of dollars in gear and rooms. I think high def audio will be of interest for a few SA-CD.net has a catalog of over 5166 SACD so I would not call that completely dead but it is targeted towards fans of classical music.

The advantage of today is that now in addition to good music, you can watch a good movie at home on systems that are far superior than you local multiplex. In addition one doesn't have to be bother with noisy people, people kicking your seat, comercials, sticky and stinky food smell and sub par sound and image quality and if he movie is unbearable you just pop an other one in.

Long live high definition movie and uncompress sound!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #11

Not to many SACD left that i want. A few DVD-A i will find. A few DCC and MFSL for sure and i will always buy a target or early japaness.
shokhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #12

I wish the DVD-A and SACD would have taken off, but they did not, that is the fact. I have an SACD player here, that could be sold for a universal player player in an instant if there was a reason. I would not even be back in vinyl if the people in general would have supported HI REZ DVD-A and SACD. They did not ! If there would have only been one format of Hi REZ, maybe it would have made it, but there was 2, and neither made it. Maybe if HIREZ would have just been concentrating on 2 channel across the board, rather then attempting to make 5.1, and aimed at what most music fans and audiophiles still listen to 2 channel maybe the message would have been clearer, but it was not. The dream of every Best Buy "theater in a box" owner hovering around their little 5.1 speakers listening to DSOTM in surround did not happen, mom and dad kept watching Star Wars over and over, listening to thumps of the little box in the corner, while little Cissy and Johnny listened to some crap coming out of ear buds in the corner eating gummy bears. That explains while I am back into vinyl.

All that being said it is a shame. I still buy some SACD, just picked up a David Bowie and Diana Krall, both wonderful I thought. People will not fall for another new format like Blu Ray for music. Yeah maybe HiRez downloads maybe something in the future, at this point there is nothing available for me to truly get interested yet. Call me when I can get a true Hi Rez download of Magical Mystery Tour, then I know we are on the way !!

Wayne
Waynefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, dead, dvd, dvda, dvdaudeo, dvdaudio, flac, formats, hdmi, imac, player, release, releases, sacd, uk, vinyl