Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > High Resolution Music: CD, SACD, DVD-Audio and more > DVD-Audio & SACD Software

DVD-Audio & SACD Software Discuss DVD-Audio & Super Audio CD titles here.

Old 01-02-2008   #1
Banned

Default MFSL readies The Pixies "Doolittle" for SACD release

http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/5039

Looks like MFSL will not stop with Surfer Rosa from The Pixies, but are readying "Doolittle" for release as well.

I love "WHere is my Mind" but don't like enough of Surfer Rosa as a whole to pick it up on SACD. Doolittle was a far more put together album with incredible tracks like "Wave of Mutilation", "Here Comes Your Man" and one of my favourite Pixies tunes "Monkey Gone To Heaven"

No doubt coming from MFSL it will be an aural treat, no mention yet as to whether or not it is multi-channel or stereo, but Surfer Rosa was stereo only.

http://www.mofi.com/productcart/pc/v...&idproduct=128
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #2

Default Re: MFSL readies The Pixies "Doolittle" for SACD release

Mobile Fidelity is one of the few good labels left making quality high res music (remastering it at least)

You should support them strongly as a niche player as their success will breed access to more and more titles. It wont take a platinum record from them - perhaps 10,000 to 50,000 units sold to make an impact that Majors will notice at least a little.
Old 01-24-2008   #3

Thumbs up Re: MFSL readies The Pixies "Doolittle" for SACD release

Yes, my recent purchases were all from Mobile Fidelty. My next one, will be "Holst - The Planets" However, I`m eagerly waiting for the Shaft SACD/HYBRID from Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #4

Shaft is a KILLER record!!!!

A must own!!!
Old 02-27-2008   #5

Thumbs up Re: MFSL readies The Pixies "Doolittle" for SACD release

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Shaft is a KILLER record!!!!

A must own!!!
Jerry, I got it. In my van, the surround sound was more than acceptable. But, just to hear this soundtrack again after all this time, is just great!!! An amazing cd.

My favorite track - Cafe Regio..............................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
http://sa-cd.net/showtitle/5039

Looks like MFSL will not stop with Surfer Rosa from The Pixies, but are readying "Doolittle" for release as well.

I love "WHere is my Mind" but don't like enough of Surfer Rosa as a whole to pick it up on SACD. Doolittle was a far more put together album with incredible tracks like "Wave of Mutilation", "Here Comes Your Man" and one of my favourite Pixies tunes "Monkey Gone To Heaven"

No doubt coming from MFSL it will be an aural treat, no mention yet as to whether or not it is multi-channel or stereo, but Surfer Rosa was stereo only.

http://www.mofi.com/productcart/pc/v...&idproduct=128
Such a very amazing link!
hcm2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, audio, buy, canada, doolittle, dvd, forum, hybrid, mfsl, msflcd, pixies, review, sacd, sacdhybrid, shaft