Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 12-25-2007   #241
Banned

Default Re: Could Warner Bros. Abandon HD DVD in 2008?

Also I can tell you that there is no such contract in place for Disney for "free BD50's" and anyone that would suggest there is has been listening to HD DVD Propaganda Campaign's typical FUD.

You can take that to the bank.

You people should be able to recognize this FUD by now, it was all the same spiel last year just a little less intense.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #242

Wow, Mr. Blu-ray propaganda himself comes here to accuse others of FUD.

You’re right, the 2.7 million PS3 owners are buying a ton of movies… or maybe not… considering titles like Planet Earth, Harry Potter, 2001 & We are Marshall are selling close to 50%/50%, how is that possible given a 2.7 million Blu-ray base vs. a 750k HD DVD base? It’s not only Universal that has voiced concerns about a format based on a game console, but Warner Bros as well.

If you want to talk about FUD, how about the blu insider that suggests Warner is putting pressure on Universal to go Blu, when in fact, the article shows Universal is vocally supporting HD DVD and making the case for WB’s continued support of HD DVD!
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Also I can tell you that there is no such contract in place for Disney for "free BD50's" and anyone that would suggest there is has been listening to HD DVD Propaganda Campaign's typical FUD.

You can take that to the bank.

You people should be able to recognize this FUD by now, it was all the same spiel last year just a little less intense.

dobyblue I suggest you go spread your lies elsewhere. You're telling me there is no subsidation contract with Disney? You're so out of the loop it's funny!

Disney HAS authored TL discs. I've even seen one of the test discs.

Why don't you go post reviews on Amazon of HD DVD discs and give them Zero stars because they aren't BD. Anyone who has that kind of time on their hands is imho just a troll.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #244

Quote:
Yes, Universal's "research" shows these numbers.
Funny how there is no mention of what Warner has to say about the matter isn't it.
This is typical of Susanne Ault's reporting. She rarely looks into any piece of information.
Universal's research also shows that gamers don't buy movies. I guess the attach rate of Blu-ray standalone players is freakin' huge then.

Also, if Harry Potter HD outsold BD and Bourne was the #1 title, how did BD not finally lose a week with all those BOGO's as well?

Something doesn't add up. I think you'll find the HP numbers were in favour of Blu-ray by somewhere around the 1.4:1 to 1.5:1 region.
dobyblue. Come on now. Videoscan says 1.2 to 1. That is 60% of the market not counting Amazon, Wal-Mart, and many others. You're telling me that the 40% increased the number the exact opposite of what Warners official numbers state and Universal commented on?

Please.

Also the BOGO were for BD. Name the Retail Chain that had BOGO for HD DVD. Best Buy had BOGO for BD not HD DVD.

I know your pay grade dobyblue. I know who you are. So quit trying to post your extremely biased and childish nonsense around here. Posting reviews of HD DVDs and giving them one star is childish. Are you that scared of losing?

Please post a link of a HD DVD PRG member spreading rumors like the current Warners to BD rumor fed by a certain Vice Chairman.

Amir may have stated that BD50s were vaporware (which they were) and may have been wrong about them being delayed further but he never posted any Studio rumors. Even when he knew that Paramount and Dreamworks were about to go Red.
Old 12-26-2007   #245
Banned

You don't know a thing about me, that much is obvious. You have no idea who I know nor do you have any idea what my pay grade is, like that has anything to do with the subject at all but is obviously some juvenile attemp at an insult or vain attempt to trivialize what I know is fact. How pathetic.

The BOGO's during the Bourne week were for HD DVD, or do you deny what everyone else already knows. The Warner and Universal BOGO's at Amazon lasted the whole week, the BD's were two days.

I see you're suggesting that Amazon is not included in Videoscan! Yet you're supposed to be in the loop! Why don't you contact Marché L. Boose-Welch at Nielsen, Manager, Business Development & Client Service? The phone # is 323-817-1520. I'm sure they will be happen to enlighten you as to that which you are ignorant of.

Q: Hello,

I was wondering if the Nielsen/Videoscan data for the high def disc sales of Blu-ray and HD DVD discs includes sales from Amazon.com?

A: Thank you for your interest in Nielsen VideoScan. Yes it does.

Keep on shillin' buddy. You're obviously nothing but a liar and your outburst of insults and FUD shows that it is you who are scared of losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
dobyblue. Come on now. Videoscan says 1.2 to 1. That is 60% of the market not counting Amazon, Wal-Mart, and many others. You're telling me that the 40% increased the number the exact opposite of what Warners official numbers state and Universal commented on?

Please.

Also the BOGO were for BD. Name the Retail Chain that had BOGO for HD DVD. Best Buy had BOGO for BD not HD DVD.

I know your pay grade dobyblue. I know who you are. So quit trying to post your extremely biased and childish nonsense around here. Posting reviews of HD DVDs and giving them one star is childish. Are you that scared of losing?

Please post a link of a HD DVD PRG member spreading rumors like the current Warners to BD rumor fed by a certain Vice Chairman.

Amir may have stated that BD50s were vaporware (which they were) and may have been wrong about them being delayed further but he never posted any Studio rumors. Even when he knew that Paramount and Dreamworks were about to go Red.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #246

Quote:
You don't know a thing about me, that much is obvious. You have no idea who I know nor do you have any idea what my pay grade is, like that has anything to do with the subject at all but is obviously some juvenile attemp at an insult or vain attempt to trivialize what I know is fact. How pathetic.

The BOGO's during the Bourne week were for HD DVD, or do you deny what everyone else already knows. The Warner and Universal BOGO's at Amazon lasted the whole week, the BD's were two days.

I see you're suggesting that Amazon is not included in Videoscan! Yet you're supposed to be in the loop! Why don't you contact Marché L. Boose-Welch at Nielsen, Manager, Business Development & Client Service? The phone # is 323-817-1520. I'm sure they will be happen to enlighten you as to that which you are ignorant of.

Q: Hello,

I was wondering if the Nielsen/Videoscan data for the high def disc sales of Blu-ray and HD DVD discs includes sales from Amazon.com?

A: Thank you for your interest in Nielsen VideoScan. Yes it does.

Keep on shillin' buddy. You're obviously nothing but a liar and your outburst of insults and FUD shows that it is you who are scared of losing.
You know what you're right about Amazon. I keep forgetting it, and it's an honest mistake. It's hard to remember which places Nielsen tracks. It's close to 60% which leaves 40% out there and sometimes I forget that they added Amazon not too long ago.

However I do know Richard Doherty. Do you really want to get into this dobyblue? I do know who you are and decided to find out all about you when you said you worked for Panasonic. You now posted that you're connected with Hollywood Labs. You want me to post what I was told? I wouldn't be surprised if you receive a cease and decist order.

You've been banned from sites before.

You're a BD troll. You're what gives AVS and other sites like it a bad name. That is if you weren't banned from some.
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, abandon, brothers, cinram, dvd, forum, ghost, gizmodvd, hd, pdmc, play, reviewer, rider, torrence, warner, wont, wwwdisneybluduhcom