Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 11-02-2007   #13

Default Re: Could Warner Bros. Abandon HD DVD in 2008?

Exactly why I said this war is not necessary. But its here, so we must deal with it. Hopefully, something will happen where everyone wins. While now, that sounds like pie in the sky, this issue needs something very positive to take place so that all can enjoy what HD brings to the table.
And,, as you can see its not just J6P by himself that has not engaged, there are some high enders as well. Any sort of resistance, is not good for progress to take place.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Moose,

While I understand the sentiment, I'd encourage you to buy one for $99 if you can.
I just heard that Wal-Marts in Oklahoma can't sell the HD-DVD players for $99.
There seems to be a law that says they can't sell products for less than they paid for it.
I heard about that on the Buzz out loud Podcast.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #15

Smile Re: Could Warner Bros. Abandon HD DVD in 2008?

So even if it sells at 129.95, or something like that, its still an outstanding value.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
This war is Toshibas fault, Sony went to them to try & hammer out one format but they wanted all the royalties for themselves & refused.
Only if the war ends up in a draw & there are still exclusive HD-DVD only titles will I buy a HD-DVD player.
So no I'm not buying the fire sale player, I'll keep watching Blu-Ray on my PS3!

Really! Sony went to Tosh to hammer out one format ???? When was this, was it before, or after Sony's honchos said the won the war last year!

I wish there was a complete affordable blu player, I would be all over that....It just doesn't exist!

Revko1
Revko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #17

Thumbs down Re: Could Warner Bros. Abandon HD DVD in 2008?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revko1 View Post
Really! Sony went to Tosh to hammer out one format ???? When was this, was it before, or after Sony's honchos said the won the war last year!

I wish there was a complete affordable blu player, I would be all over that....It just doesn't exist!

Revko1
It was actually more than a year before either format was released.
Sony went to Toshiba & said lets use the best of both formats in one & Tosh said no.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
So even if it sells at 129.95, or something like that, its still an outstanding value.
i read warners statement and i dont see anywhere where they said or even hinted they abandon hd dvd.
in fact warners said themselves [blu-ray hydra is spreading fud that warners favor bd]
''they have taken our statements way out of context.''
fact the bda has relaxed there oct 31 deadline on players being profile 1.1.
meaning they still dont have it together.
im happy with just a bd player playing movies but i relize for hdm to out do dvd theres got to be more wow factor ,,plus gaming folks are at a all time high. so the stand alone players have to do more then play movies. hd dvd can do that now, bd cant.
so if anything if i was to spread crap around the forums i would say warner will abandon blu-ray. i have both formats but lets face it the bda made a lot of promises to studios etc.
and still havent delivered. we tend to look at this war as fans of a format or both but from the studios view like disney who like to load there discs with special features and games ,how long will they wait for bd to get it together.i still think hd dvd has a big chance of upsetting the big blue, time will tell.
tvine2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, abandon, brothers, cinram, dvd, forum, ghost, gizmodvd, hd, pdmc, play, reviewer, rider, torrence, warner, wont, wwwdisneybluduhcom