Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 11-02-2007   #7

Default Re: Could Warner Bros. Abandon HD DVD in 2008?

Wow, wow, just wow...I can't believe so many folks, bitchin about a $99 HD players!
So what it's 1080i it's 99 DOLLARS!
Is this a snob stands? Too cheap for you blu boys? Would rather pay 1399?
If I had an extra 399 laying around I would have pick up PS3! Hmm probably not though, that can get me a few more A2's for Xmas gifts....

Piece out

Revko1
Revko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #8

Revko1,

I bought the PS3 Motorsports 80G for $499, but had a coupon so got it for $399... It's my fourth Blu-ray player so far. I am only on my second HD DVD player though.... Something to be said about that, add to that my HD XA2 is STILL the top of the line player and I have like the longest lived current model of any high def disc player in the history of the formats!!!

Sorry... couldn't help the sarcasm...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #9

I also hate this format war. It is going to inevidably force consumers to pruchase both pieces of hardware. Unless the seldom mentinoed :TotalHD" disc becomes more popular. It is not that much of a concerne for high end home theater consumers, but for the average joe it is doubling the cost. And high quality players are still over $500. Most people aren't going to spend that much. It just sucks that our industry can't work towards a more reasonable solution.
ballen_mmbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revko1 View Post
Wow, wow, just wow...I can't believe so many folks, bitchin about a $99 HD players!
So what it's 1080i it's 99 DOLLARS!
Is this a snob stands? Too cheap for you blu boys? Would rather pay 1399?
If I had an extra 399 laying around I would have pick up PS3! Hmm probably not though, that can get me a few more A2's for Xmas gifts....

Piece out

Revko1
I'm not "bitchin" about a $99 HD-DVD player I'm just not buying it!
This war is Toshibas fault, Sony went to them to try & hammer out one format but they wanted all the royalties for themselves & refused.
Only if the war ends up in a draw & there are still exclusive HD-DVD only titles will I buy a HD-DVD player.
So no I'm not buying the fire sale player, I'll keep watching Blu-Ray on my PS3!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #11

Moose,

While I understand the sentiment, I'd encourage you to buy one for $99 if you can.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Moose,

While I understand the sentiment, I'd encourage you to buy one for $99 if you can.
Honestly Kenny there is really only 3 HD-DVD exclusive titles I want right now, Grand Prix, Batman returns & King kong & 2 of those should be released on Blu-Ray before long.

I'm not going to buy a bunch of HD-DVD's that will be out on Blu-Ray soon enough, If & when I do buy in to another format it'll be a full featured player not a stripped down fire sale product.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2009, abandon, brothers, cinram, dvd, forum, ghost, gizmodvd, hd, pdmc, play, reviewer, rider, torrence, warner, wont, wwwdisneybluduhcom