Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/940-california-wildfires-affect-home-theater-business.html)

AVRevForum.com 10-25-2007 04:22 PM

California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

With over 1,000,000 residents displaced in densely populated Southern California, the home theater industry has been impacted by the raging fires that range in location from Santa Barbara in the north to the Mexican border in San Diego. Smoke, fire and pending risk has caused audio-video companies ranging from Sony in San Diego to Sonance, AudioQuest and Neptune Equalizers in Irvine, and installers on projects all over the Southland to abandon work and deal with the reality of needing to evacuate.

U.S. President George W. Bush, while visiting the vast damage in Southern California today, said confidently "Tomorrow will be better." California residents can only hope he can back up his kind words with meaningful actions. With the President's track record, having abandoned the residents of Louisiana and Mississippi after hurricane Katrina and the cronyism that exposed fatal flaws in FEMA, the residents of Southern California are today looking more toward Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the American Red Cross for aid than FEMA.

And who can blame the "blue state" residents for their fears when conservative pundits like CNN's Glenn Beck on Monday said, "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." For the record, Californians do not hate America. In fact, they are, and have been for at least fifty years, the most important economic force powering the American economy. Right now though they are fighting for their lives, working to protect their homes and trying their best to be charitable to their neighbors. In California, that defines "family values" far better than what church you attend, where you stand on abortion, or who you vote for every four years.

PC Convergence Helps Evacuation Efforts?
"I am glad I have my entire photo and music collection backed up on a hard drive," says AVRev.com's Andrew Robinson, who lives in the fire-effected area north of Los Angeles called Santa Clarita. "I can pack up my dogs as well as backups of nearly all of my valuable data and media collections in a matter of minutes, and be on the road out of harm's way, if need be. Try loading your car with 2,000 Compact Discs, 500 DVDs and every photo album and frame in your house in a matter of five minutes. It's just impossible without some of the advances PC convergence has brought to our systems and collections."

Weather Outlook Getting Better in Southern California
Wind conditions are reportedly changing today from the "Santa Ana" conditions that bring dry and hot air from the east into the Southland, to a more normal, westerly breeze that comes from off the ocean. The chance of rain is a scant 10 percent at best over the next ten days. However, temperatures are expected to drop which will help the firefighting efforts.

Robinson_A 10-25-2007 06:31 PM

Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

Glenn Beck should really think before he speaks badly about California. What he fails to realize is that all of his show's promotion and advertising comes out of California, from companies like the one I work for, where several of the employees (myself included) had to evacuate and live in fear of loosing our homes. Good job Glenn. It takes a lot of class to push your political agenda and hate speak in the wake of so much suffering. A lot of class. You never hear of "liberal" hosts speaking about the suffering and loss of the people in the south every time a hurricane or tornado rips through their neck of the woods. It's one thing to have different beliefs but when those beliefs keep you from being a simple, decent human being...I honestly don't have the words. If Glenn Beck personifies and preaches the so called "values" I'm supposed to live by then I think I'll enjoy my stay in hell.

JerryDelColliano 10-25-2007 06:37 PM

Ann Coulter at USC last night? I am going to PUKE.

Ironically, at the same time Glenn Beck should have gotten himself cancled from Headline News - another wonderfully openminded concervative - Ann Coulter - was speaking at The University of Southern California's Annenberg School of Comunications. I would have rather seen OJ come back for a lecture. He is less hateful and I have NEVER been LESS proud to be a Trojan.

deacongreg 10-25-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinson_A (Post 4889)
Glenn Beck should really think before he speaks badly about California. What he fails to realize is that all of his show's promotion and advertising comes out of California, mainly from the company I work for, where several of the employees (myself included) had to evacuate and live in fear of loosing our homes. Good job Glenn. Let's see how good your next ad campaign looks, if you have one at all. It takes a lot of class to push your political agenda and hate speak in the wake of so much suffering. A lot of class. You never hear of "liberal" hosts speaking about the suffering and loss of the people in the south every time a hurricane or tornado rips through their neck of the woods. It's one thing to have different beliefs but when those beliefs keep you from being a simple, decent human being...I honestly don't have the words. If Glenn Beck personifies and preaches the so called "values" I'm supposed to live by then I think I'll enjoy my stay in hell.

How are things Andrew? It is unfortunate that this is happening to all of you out there. I imagine if your posting, that you and your family are safe?

Watermonkey 10-25-2007 09:00 PM

Illegitimis nil carborundum, Andrew. Glen Beck and other "conservative" talk show hosts don't speak for us true conservatives who love our country, even Californians, and hate lies, hate speech, and propaganda. God speed, my friend, and good luck to all of you in this terrible, frightening time. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, yes?

JerryDelColliano 10-25-2007 09:13 PM

What is funny is if you listen to what this IDIOT Glenn Beck was talking about before he said something stupid enough to fire him - he was saying how there needs to be a NATIONAL discourse about politics EVEN if you don't agree.

I am personally a capitalist first and a liberal second but I can talk with any reasonable person about whatever as long as they show me the proper respect. Neo-concervatism isn't about that. Its about the JESUS-FUELED anger towards different people be it Muslims, Democrats or even Californians. This needs to END by 2008. Republicans aren't bad people. Neo-cons are. It isn't Christian values to deny children health care or to screw over the people of LA and MISS after Katrina. I believe that REAL Americans do what they can to help in that situation no matter WHAT their party.

-----

This message is approved by Del Colliano for president 2008