Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #37

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

I agree totally with Jerry. The Pensacola writter reflects the people I live with here in Florida. They never let the facts get in the way of what they say. Florida has been run in both houses and the governorship by the Conservatives led by Jeb Bush and now Charlie Crist. This state is in a depression and taxes have gone up dramatically plus homeowner insurance has gone up big time. The state is 1.5 billion dollars in the red as a result of Jeb giving big tax breaks to the wealthy. Only in Florida would my 2000 Camaro cost $64 to license each year yet a $100K 2008 Porsche 911 cost $39!
Bush has been a disaster and his pals in the right wing media have a secret: Callers who do not agree...do not get through.....Its happened to me 8 times. They let any caller, male, female, tall, short, old or young
agree with them so it sounds like the American people agree with them.
However they were unable to deliver the votes in 2006 and I think they will be unable to deliver John McCaine (aka Bob Dole) or crossdresser Rudi Juliani either. Let's see what the people in California living in sports stadiums say on the 25th of November.....then the 25th of December still sleeping on cots. How about a rally with Herr Limbaugh et al telling those people to pull them selves up by the boot straps and stop asking for government help? People might express themselves in that crowd
by using their second amendment rights to reach out to Herr Limbaugh, Herr Hannity and Herr Beck in a very direct way.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #38

The registration on my 10 year old twin tubo 911 is still $700 here in California (where we all hate America - they say)

What is worse is that the smog testing is so difficult that cars like mine which are PERFECTLY fine - need to go to the smog "referee" station 1x per year to override the glitches in the CA state system. I did that today which used a good 2 hours of my time.

If I heard right, FLA did away with smog testing.

Note: CA also makes it nearly impossible to get a diesel car in the state. I want to get my wife a Mercedes ML320 CDI so we can burn Bio-diesel (an American, clean burning fuel but according to Glenn Beck - I hate America?) but the car isn't on sale in the state. The emmissions are SO clean, a writer from the LA Times put a bagel in the exhuast and ATE THE THING!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
That's Al "the rightful winner of the election" Gore

Or Mr. Nobel Prize winner

Or just "Oscar"

Or Emmy Winner

Or Mr. "I was right about the war in Iraq unlike the rest of the pussy Democrats"

Gore would win if he would just man up and run.

Its going to be Hillary and she will win in a landslide. You heard it here first. A lot of middle of the road women will come out of the woodwork to vote for her when they normally wouldn't vote. And there are a LOT more women out there than gun loving Jesus freaks who - to their credit - have voted once, twice, three times a lady for our born-again hero responsible for the war, the debt and the aftermath of Katrina.
That sounds like a resume for the President of Greenpeace, not President of the United States!!

As for Hillary, what can you say about a carpet bagger that had to move to New York because she knew she couldn't get elected dog catcher in Arkansas!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
That sounds like a resume for the President of Greenpeace, not President of the United States!!

As for Hillary, what can you say about a carpet bagger that had to move to New York because she knew she couldn't get elected dog catcher in Arkansas!!
-----

Right. Excellent argument there.

Let's look at your Jesus loving neo-con President:
1. C student at Yale
2. Skirted service in the military.
3. Family constantly bailed out by the Royal Family of Saudi Arabi
4. Ran a baseball team
5. Former cocaine user

I don't think he could get the Greenpeace job let alone ANY of the awards that Gore has won
Old 10-27-2007   #41

Jerry, You are right, Florida had good air polution numbers, so they did do away with emmision testing... Smart eh? It's working, so let's just stop it! The ads for performance shops to pull out all emmisions from your cars started the day they anounced the change!

I for one would have to vote for Juliani, I give the guy credit for cleaning up NYC after a decade of Koch (the funniest Mayor of all time!) and Dinkins (SP). He may not have the experience, but he's got more than most...

Hillary scares the living poop out of me! I guess the only thing that will save me if she gets elected is, well nothing, I'm screwed, and if she does what she wants to do with health care, so will all of us as you will be being taken care of by nurses, NOT doctors and we will hit a true health care crisis.......

I for one am going to go into the Home Theater business, every installer around me is so overworked and ridiculous to deal with, yet still making it!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #42

Gulliani isn't going to meet the lofty standards of "family values" of the Neo-cons and the religious right. What if he isn't willing to sign a bill that would make abortion illegal? They will never stand for that.
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires