Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #31

Default Re: Calling out George Bush...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
America is built on open dialog yet the media has become SO bent towards the right that I can't help but to point it out. No matter WHAT side of the debate you are on - you need to look at news sources for their bias. Honestly, I hoped for better out of CNN and hope they act on Glenn Beck's comments.

When it comes down to the president - how can you trust that he will help CA when he didn't help LA/Miss after Katrina? The Red Cross and the state seem like more reasonable places to look for help. So are the good-hearted and often maligned people of California. Some of us REALLY do care and are doing what we can to help.
Are you just dense? I'll say it again. The federal government can not bring troops into a state without the written permission of the governor. She refused help for a week. Bush had declared Louisiana a disaster area two days before the hurricane. All she had to do was sign the papers and federal aid would have been there. You are so deep in the Bush bashing you refuse to seek facts.
You seem to be attempting to emulate the Bush bashing liberal media. Once again...IGNORANCE IS CRITICAL!! Do some fact searching. Once you know and fully understand the complete facts there may be hope for you to ease you criticism.
gdhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #32

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

The problem with the narrow tunneled views I'm seeing expressed here is you're all falling in to the trap of division. Always there are two paradigms: the "democrats" and the "republicans". And the funny thing is that otherwise intelligent people fall right in line with the media's mantra. I have a sad newsflash for you both: There is no difference between the republicans (neo-cons) and the neo-libs. None whatsoever. Ruppert Murdock, who owns Faux News, has done a fair amount of fund raising for Chillary this past year. GW has begun setting up the office to accommodate her when she gets there (they're planning on her presidency already!) Hillbillery has voted FOR the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and against the citizens of the USA in the form of the mis-named "Patriot" Act and countless other bills and rhetoric. GW, according to an independent think tank who has done a study (don't recall the name of the firm right now), has pushed through a more liberal agenda then his predecessors, Slick Willy and Dear Ole Dad. Never before in the history of our great nation has a president expanded the size, scope, and expense of government! Let's try and see things for what they are. The Media exists, at the whim and complete control of the government, to brainwash the populace. Oh, and Obama is a not-so distant cousin of Richard Cheney. They're all on the same "screw America" team and the sooner we all come together and fight our common enemy, the higher the chance is we'll win our freedom and liberty back some day. When's the last time you heard Ron Paul mentioned in the mainstream in a positive light? Although he's the most conservative candidate I bet half the readers of this here don't even know who he is. The only politician in Congress to have a perfect voting record regarding freedom and liberty, Dr. Paul has never voted for a bill that wasn't constitutional. Google his name to learn more. His campaign has attracted a multitude of people from across the political spectrum.

Last edited by Watermonkey; 10-26-2007 at 03:38 PM..
Watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #33

Ahhhh, 'The Patriot Act'.

George Orwell was right, freedom dies slowly, inch by inch until it is completely gone and no one notices.

Watermonkey, you bring up good points, I for one hope IF Hillary does get elected, someone snipes her! I have a hold out that Gore is going to drop his hat into the ring and steal the Democratic party vote after we are all sick of the rest of the clowns running.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #34

Al "Kill a business, Save a tree" Gore??
No thanks!!
Can't the Dems find anyone semi normal that a moderate conservative could consider voting for??
The extreme left makes me as sick as the extreme right, the majority of people are Moderates whether they are liberals or conservatives, why must we only have extremes to choose from?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #35

That's Al "the rightful winner of the election" Gore

Or Mr. Nobel Prize winner

Or just "Oscar"

Or Emmy Winner

Or Mr. "I was right about the war in Iraq unlike the rest of the pussy Democrats"

Gore would win if he would just man up and run.

Its going to be Hillary and she will win in a landslide. You heard it here first. A lot of middle of the road women will come out of the woodwork to vote for her when they normally wouldn't vote. And there are a LOT more women out there than gun loving Jesus freaks who - to their credit - have voted once, twice, three times a lady for our born-again hero responsible for the war, the debt and the aftermath of Katrina.
Old 10-26-2007   #36

Default Re: Politics and AV - a perfect match

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
------

I will get a spell checker if you get a fact checker.

During the Clinton admin we had a budget surplus. Now we are mired in debt. The world respected us and we were working towards Middle East peace. Now we are hated everywhere ESPECIALLY in the Middle East.

As for Dan Rather - let us see how the facts play out in his $70,000,000 lawsuit. He defended his positions pretty well on Larry King. I am not the judge in the case so time will tell.

Do you want to defend Ann Coulter? How about Bill O'Rilley? Rush Limbaugh? You left them out.

The point is the media is more sensational now than EVER. They focus on issues like a grunt by Howard Dean more than the actual WORDS the guy is saying but when Glenn Beck attacks good Americans in California or Ann Coulter spouts off with anti-Jewish comments its somehow OK. Well, I am saying it is NOT.
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires