Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #25

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

Jerry,

I just realized something.....

Is Glenn David Hughs now the 11th???
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #26

Default Re: Politics and AV - a perfect match

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
------

I will get a spell checker if you get a fact checker.

During the Clinton admin we had a budget surplus. Now we are mired in debt. The world respected us and we were working towards Middle East peace. Now we are hated everywhere ESPECIALLY in the Middle East.

As for Dan Rather - let us see how the facts play out in his $70,000,000 lawsuit. He defended his positions pretty well on Larry King. I am not the judge in the case so time will tell.

Do you want to defend Ann Coulter? How about Bill O'Rilley? Rush Limbaugh? You left them out.

The point is the media is more sensational now than EVER. They focus on issues like a grunt by Howard Dean more than the actual WORDS the guy is saying but when Glenn Beck attacks good Americans in California or Ann Coulter spouts off with anti-Jewish comments its somehow OK. Well, I am saying it is NOT.
*During the Clinton admin we had a budget surplus. Now we are mired in debt.
-Twisted half truth. Common tactic among liberals. Obviously you don't have an economics major.
*The world respected us and we were working towards Middle East peace.
The world had been working toward peace in the middle east for generations which lead to 911. This argument sounds like it come from a 5th grader who watched CNN one night.
*Now we are hated everywhere ESPECIALLY in the Middle East.
-This was absolutly one the hardest things a president has ever done. It is the measure of a man and in this case of a country, who will do the hard things in the face of adversity knowing full well his action will not be popular. This action to steer the middle east towards democracy is something many leader have been reluctant to do for this exact reason. Sense 911 happened, the forced democracy HAD to take place. In addition, the war also diminishes the terrorist ability to stage another 911. You just don't get the big picture. Freedom is not free.
*As for Dan Rather - let us see how the facts play out in his $70,000,000 lawsuit. He defended his positions pretty well on Larry King. I am not the judge in the case so time will tell.
-Just like the lady who sued McDonald's because she spilled hot coffee on herself. Anyone can sue for any, less then honorable, thing.
*Do you want to defend Ann Coulter? How about Bill O'Rilley? Rush Limbaugh? You left them out.
-Ann Coulter is not worth discussion
-Bill O'Rilley and Rush Limbaugh are louder then they should be. This offers a slight effort to balance against the very loud technique of the ultra liberal. They both do offer facts to back up their anti-rhetoric quite often. Everyone needs balance. Maybe you should subscribe to the Limbaugh Letter. ;-)
*The point is the media is more sensational now than EVER. They focus on issues like a grunt by Howard Dean more than the actual WORDS the guy is saying but when Glenn Beck attacks good Americans in California or Ann Coulter spouts off with anti-Jewish comments its somehow OK. Well, I am saying it is NOT.
-Agreed!
gdhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #27

Default Calling out George Bush...

America is built on open dialog yet the media has become SO bent towards the right that I can't help but to point it out. No matter WHAT side of the debate you are on - you need to look at news sources for their bias. Honestly, I hoped for better out of CNN and hope they act on Glenn Beck's comments.

When it comes down to the president - how can you trust that he will help CA when he didn't help LA/Miss after Katrina? The Red Cross and the state seem like more reasonable places to look for help. So are the good-hearted and often maligned people of California. Some of us REALLY do care and are doing what we can to help.
Old 10-26-2007   #28

Quote:
I own this forum (at least the techical part of it) and I encorage people of different opinions to discuss whatever they want here.

That's one of the reasons why we have an off-topic section.

Perhaps we can keep an on-going dialog there about politics as it relates to AV, the economy and beyond because TV doesn't seem to be able to do anything other than overly-polished sound bytes.
That's OK but why is there 2 pages of politics in the news forum under the topic California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business?

This thread needs to be shut down & started over with just the OP topic & a politics thread opened in the off topics forum, or change the name of this thread to Politics affects California wildfires so people know what they are going to find here.

Since this thread is the top story on the AVREV news letter it needs to be cleaned up so it doesn't turn away people who thought they were coming to a audio video site & find political arguments & never return.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #29

Jesus - its an audit month for us.

Can you let a brotha rack up the page views?
Old 10-26-2007   #30

Quote:
Jesus - its an audit month for us.

Can you let a brotha rack up the page views?
Oh, I see now!! LOL!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires