Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #19

Default Politics and AV - a perfect match

I think it is TIME that the right-wing control of the media is discussed and if AVRevForum.com is the venue - then I can say I am proud to say I own the site!

Fox isn't news - its right wing opinion. Bill O'relley might get ratings but he is full of hate speak.

Clear Channel is as right-wing a company as you can find. When my father spoke the truth about them owning more radio stations than they were allowed - they sued him for $110,000,000 AND enthusistically lost, the CEO was fired and their stock is worth NOTHING compared what it was then yet they own my father's publication (and other radio trade publications) so they can "control" what is said about them in the trades.

Time Warner should know better and should STRONGLY santion Glenn Beck. They have NO SOUL. They just pander to whatever whim they think gets them the best ratings.

CBS was WRONG in firing Dan Rather. He is a TRUE investigative reporter and he had his facts CORRECT. Good luck to him in his law suit.

As my buddy Bob says - PBS and NPR are some of the few places you can trust for real news. YES - there are liberal news sources too (think the NY Times) but they are few and far between. The right-wing zealots control the media now and its IMPORTANT to point out and discuss.
Old 10-26-2007   #20

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

I own this forum (at least the techical part of it) and I encorage people of different opinions to discuss whatever they want here.

That's one of the reasons why we have an off-topic section.

Perhaps we can keep an on-going dialog there about politics as it relates to AV, the economy and beyond because TV doesn't seem to be able to do anything other than overly-polished sound bytes.
Old 10-26-2007   #21

Default Re: Politics and AV - a perfect match

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
I think it is TIME that the right-wing control of the media is discussed and if AVRevForum.com is the venue - then I can say I am proud to say I own the site!

Fox isn't news - its right wing opinion. Bill O'relley might get ratings but he is full of hate speak.

Clear Channel is as right-wing a company as you can find. When my father spoke the truth about them owning more radio stations than they were allowed - they sued him for $110,000,000 AND enthusistically lost, the CEO was fired and their stock is worth NOTHING compared what it was then yet they own my father's publication (and other radio trade publications) so they can "control" what is said about them in the trades.

Time Warner should know better and should STRONGLY santion Glenn Beck. They have NO SOUL. They just pander to whatever whim they think gets them the best ratings.

CBS was WRONG in firing Dan Rather. He is a TRUE investigative reporter and he had his facts CORRECT. Good luck to him in his law suit.

As my buddy Bob says - PBS and NPR are some of the few places you can trust for real news. YES - there are liberal news sources too (think the NY Times) but they are few and far between. The right-wing zealots control the media now and its IMPORTANT to point out and discuss.
You are so lost. You go so far as to say "CBS was WRONG in firing Dan Rather" when him and his group knew about the fabricated documents and purposely mislead the American people with the sole agenda to contribute to the misinformation about our president in order to help BIG government democrats take over in the next elections. I think they should have thrown him and the whole lot in prison. Go ahead Vote for Hilary. You'll get everything you want to the ruin of this great country and what it stands for. For me, After reading that bunch of brainwashed liberalism I choose to bow out. You can have this forum and all that is associated with it. You sir, are the foundation for the division of our country and obviously contribute to the far left thinking that makes common sense Americans PUKE!
good day
Glenn David Hughes
Pensacola, Florida

P.S. Get a spell checker.
gdhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #22

Default Re: Politics and AV - a perfect match

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdhugh View Post
You are so lost. You go so far as to say "CBS was WRONG in firing Dan Rather" when him and his group knew about the fabricated documents and purposely mislead the American people with the sole agenda to contribute to the misinformation about our president in order to help BIG government democrats take over in the next elections. I think they should have thrown him and the whole lot in prison. Go ahead Vote for Hilary. You'll get everything you want to the ruin of this great country and what it stands for. For me, After reading that bunch of brainwashed liberalism I choose to bow out. You can have this forum and all that is associated with it. You sir, are the foundation for the division of our country and obviously contribute to the far left thinking that makes common sense Americans PUKE!
good day
Glenn David Hughes
Pensacola, Florida

P.S. Get a spell checker.
------

I will get a spell checker if you get a fact checker.

During the Clinton admin we had a budget surplus. Now we are mired in debt. The world respected us and we were working towards Middle East peace. Now we are hated everywhere ESPECIALLY in the Middle East.

As for Dan Rather - let us see how the facts play out in his $70,000,000 lawsuit. He defended his positions pretty well on Larry King. I am not the judge in the case so time will tell.

Do you want to defend Ann Coulter? How about Bill O'Rilley? Rush Limbaugh? You left them out.

The point is the media is more sensational now than EVER. They focus on issues like a grunt by Howard Dean more than the actual WORDS the guy is saying but when Glenn Beck attacks good Americans in California or Ann Coulter spouts off with anti-Jewish comments its somehow OK. Well, I am saying it is NOT.
Old 10-26-2007   #23

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

FWIW Jerry,

I do not think you are the foundation for the division of anything let alone this country....

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #24

Cool Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

I'm becoming weary of supposedly well intentioned articles using the platform of other's troubles to share their political views.
Everyone agrees California is in bad shape. Everyone knows they need help. I am as connected as anyone who isn't there can be. I have numerous relatives living in and around the affected areas and a close friend locally who, while on vacation there, has literally become stranded as the neighborhood she is in is surrounded by fires and authorities are not allowing anyone to leave from there.
President bush has already dispatched military and relief resources to the areas and is in the process of pushing through a declaration of disaster so funds can be released to those in need.
I'm not Bush fanboy however, I am also not juvenile enough to believe that the president is the bottom line when looking to place blame for previous failures in relief efforts.
Has he made mistakes? Of course. Does he learn from them? Let's hope. Is he the sole point from which all the decisions you and others blame him for emanate? Um, not quite.
The figure head is always the scapegoat.
That said; just as I think actors/musicians/celebrities etc.. who decide they are now the voice of reason due to their big microphones should generally shut the [heck] up. I also think those I turn to for unbiased reviews of A/V equipment should stick to the task at hand.
dnjweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires