Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #13

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

By the way, if you want to write Headline News about Herr Beck you can e mail:
headlinenews@cnn.com
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRevForum.com View Post
U.S. President George W. Bush, while visiting the vast damage in Southern California today, said confidently "Tomorrow will be better." California residents can only hope he can back up his kind words with meaningful actions. With the President's track record, having abandoned the residents of Louisiana and Mississippi after hurricane Katrina and the cronyism that exposed fatal flaws in FEMA, the residents of Southern California are today looking more toward Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the American Red Cross for aid than FEMA.
I am like a lot of folks on here believing this forum is not the place to voice political rhetoric. I take personal offence to president bashing. When I citizen of this country bashes our president it belittles the whole United States. Now, if your going to have harsh feeling about out country's leader based on misinformation created by the liberal media that's your own stupidity and I'm sure you will continue to walk through life believing everything you hear and see on TV produced my ultra-liberal media of NY and Ca.
I give credit to most folks that they have just been mislead. I'll set a little of the record straight for you in hopes that you were just mislead. First, The federal government CANNOT send troops into a state without the written permission of the governor of that state. The our president offer the governor of Louisiana assistance two days before the hurricane got there. She refused. He offered again when the levies broke, Then two days latter he flew in to talk privately with her and met with the governor of Miss at the same time. The Miss. governor had accepted Federal troops day before but the La governor still refused. A week later when things got so bad in NO and you saw the Fed troops rolling in, they had been staged in Miss for a week waiting on her permission. All that crap you heard about FEMA and our president was COMPLEATLY the fault of the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of NO. You may not like our president and that's certainly up to you. The thing you must understand is that sometimes things happen that everyone doesn't know about or understand all the reasons. I have a saying..."ignorance is critical" You need to do some research of the facts and keep your miss-informed opinion out of things.
gdhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you think the thousands of idiots that refused to leave their homes with a hurricane heading right for them made it a hell of a lot harder to deal with than it should have?

I understand there are a lot of Liberals here but lets keep the politics out of this forum.
After all if I'm reminded how many people support Hillary in this forum it's going to be hard for me to take anything you say seriously!!
Agreed!!! 100%
gdhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #16

I first want to be absolutely clear that, regardless of your politics, I feel for anyone being impacted by the fires in California. I may not agree with your views on a variety of topics, but that does not mean that I want to take joy in your losses and pain and suffering.

I just wanted to comment on the irony of some of the posters complaining about a conservative talk show host making comments (admittedly over the top comments if they are as reported here) about this situation then turning around and using their as a vehicle to attack the President. Language such as "abandoned" in reference to Katrina seems just as politically motivated as what Beck said. There may be a time to discuss a variety of development, economic and environmental issues that may be related to these fires, but right now I do not see this as a political issue either for the left or the right.
FinanceBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #17

Jerry, Andrew (and any other members of this forum who live in the "fire zone") I sincerely hope that you and yours remain unaffected by this latest batch of fires. I have memories of watching flames and smoke from the nearby hillsides in the 80s & 90s from my backyard in Westlake Village that were waaaay too close for comfort and know all too well how unpleasant that feeling can be.

As for those who've taken this as an opportunity to vent their assorted political views please move your comments to an appropriate alternative forum. This one is dedicated to audio and video and is NOT the correct venue for your opinions from either end of the political spectrum.

Last edited by MoosePond; 10-26-2007 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: added comment
MoosePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #18

My comments in the second posting on this thread regarding Glenn Beck were not politically motivated in any way. I agree, that an audio forum is NO place for political speak or hate speak in any way. My comments were about being a decent and compassionate human being. There is a time and place for everything and I support Glenn Beck's right to say what ever he wants to say when ever he wants to say it. I honestly wouldn't have noticed Mr. Beck's comments if it were not for Jerry and this forum for I do not watch his show, which is my expression of free speech. However, I was troubled, not so much by what Mr. Beck said, but the time and place in which he chose to say his disrespectful words. With Headline News being a source of information for many American's about world events and the current fires in Southern California Mr. Beck should've put politics aside during his commentary and understood that beyond our political affiliations we are people first. And people are loosing their lives and their homes.

Truthfully, Mr. Beck has a wonderful job and a podium to do amazing things for his fellow man, and Monday's broadcast was one of those opportunities but instead of seizing the moment he, frankly, dropped the ball and played to his base vs. playing to humanity. That is what angers me most. I understand that when the smoke clears little will probably change. Houses will continue to be built to close together, people will continue to criticize the President or his associates and we will continue to agree to disagree. That's fine. That's what's great about this country love it or hate it we have the choice. But in the face of such suffering please Mr. Beck and everyone out there in the world, put your differences aside and be people first. That is all.

For those of you who asked about my current situation, my home is fine. The flames got within a couple of houses but my house was spared. I want to thank the fine men and women of the Los Angeles Fire Department for their unwavering dedication and selflessness in putting their lives on the line so that my "family" could come home to ours. I was one of the lucky ones, but I understand that there are those who are not so lucky, which is why I have donated to various charitable causes, including the fire department, and would urge you all to do the same. Again, I also want to thank the Del Colliano's for their generous hospitality in putting me and mine up for a few days while the dust settled.

I did not intend for this thread to become a political forum or good vs. evil. Just take care of one another. Take care everyone.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires