Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-26-2007   #7

Default Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

Jerry,

While more a republican at heart, you have my vote!

I hope you all are well and make it through these fires safely and with as little loss as possible.

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #8

Angry Re: California Wildfires Affect Home Theater Business

Glenn Beck is the current version of a hate monger of the 1930's who had 40 million listeners in the US. His name was Father Caughlin. Finally even the Pope in Rome took action and told him to give up his radio show or look for a job outside the church. He quit radio.
Glenn Beck would have done well on Radio Berlin in 1933. He would be ragging on the Gypsy problem....the Leftists in Germany who wanted to stand in the progress promised by the new Chancellor who was not elected by appointed by conservative business and political leaders. He even burned down an important government building and blamed it on those Leftists.
With 300,000,000 people in the US is Beck the best Headline News can find?
PalmHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRevForum.com View Post
U.S. President George W. Bush, while visiting the vast damage in Southern California today, said confidently "Tomorrow will be better." California residents can only hope he can back up his kind words with meaningful actions. With the President's track record, having abandoned the residents of Louisiana and Mississippi after hurricane Katrina and the cronyism that exposed fatal flaws in FEMA, the residents of Southern California are today looking more toward Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the American Red Cross for aid than FEMA.
Do you think the thousands of idiots that refused to leave their homes with a hurricane heading right for them made it a hell of a lot harder to deal with than it should have?

I understand there are a lot of Liberals here but lets keep the politics out of this forum.
After all if I'm reminded how many people support Hillary in this forum it's going to be hard for me to take anything you say seriously!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007   #10

One thing that is not discussed is that homes in S. California are mostly tract homes built about 4 feet apart. This makes it easy for flames to
jump from one house to another. I lived 27 years in CA and the Developers wrote all the laws and the politicians passed them. Some houses like mine in San Juan Capistrano even had a "zero lot line".
The billionaire developers want to jam as many houses as they can in the land they have and now the people are paying for those policies that permitted it.
Old 10-26-2007   #11

Oh yeah, by the way, on the second day of the fire, Herr Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show that the "drive by media" was hyping this fire and it was not as bad as they were saying. Of course he said this from his bunker broadcast center in a undisclosed part of West Palm Beach. From that location, he should of course know what he is talking about.
I think he is on the OxyKotton again
Old 10-26-2007   #12

I'm sure the laws that wouldn't let home owners clear brush from their properties because it may disturb the habitat of some bug or rat may have contributed to the problems!
You have to remember people are building in areas where wildfires are a natural part of the life cycle, all of the homes that I saw on TV that were spared had the brush cleared from around them.

On a brighter note I heard where 2 arsonists were arrested & 1 was killed, though I'm sure many lawsuits will be filed over that!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
affect, affecting, businesses, california, effect, fire, high, humans, news, people, resolution, theater, video, wildfire, wildfires