Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 06-27-2007   #13
FiguredMaple

Default Re: AVRev.com wants to know

I am interested in an on-wall (not in-wall) speaker shoot out. Including a comparison with similar cabinet speakers from the same brands would be great.

I'm also interested in a comparison with the new Receivers that have Dolby TrueHD and HDMI 1.3. Particularly from brands like Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, Denon, etc.
Old 07-03-2007   #14

Thumbs up Re: AVRev.com wants to know

I believe Andrew already is doing an excellent job reviewing and sharing info on HDMI receivers, as well as preamp/processors. However, since Andrew you have a love and passion for HD camcorders, it makes sense for you to launch it. Also, camcorders have been popular with the masses for years. Everytime I go to one of my stepsons basketball games, or some event at my kids schools, parents are on the side walls filming.
And maybe you could do a segment on how to add music to the HD video content that is being recorded, and then how to play it back on your HDTV display. I think its a great fit.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #15

HD-DVD/Blu Ray Universal Player(s).... current (1) and upcoming projections for other manufacturer offerings, and when they may be coming...?? With such a split market between the 2 formats, the "universal" may still be what a lot of folks are quietly watching/waiting for....
delling001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #16

How about an off topic forum and a place where the monthly contest winners could be posted? Speaking of which...who won the Forum contest?
slugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiguredMaple View Post
I am interested in an on-wall (not in-wall) speaker shoot out. Including a comparison with similar cabinet speakers from the same brands would be great.

I'm also interested in a comparison with the new Receivers that have Dolby TrueHD and HDMI 1.3. Particularly from brands like Onkyo, Harmon Kardon, Denon, etc.

You're going to see a few on-wall and in-wall reviews in the coming months from the likes of Atlantic Technology, Boston Acoustics, and others.

As for the HDMI receivers we've got reviews from Onkyo and Marantz coming soon. Did you catch the Yamaha receiver review last month? Stay tuned.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #18

Smile Re: AVRev.com wants to know

delling001,
You know, I one that loves the Blu - Ray/HD - DVD picture, but, am waiting to see what is going to happen. A universal player plays everything, except high definition discs. That is where I am staying for now. Now, as far as universal HD players, I don`t know about that. I believe this format war is tricky, and most manufacturers have chosen their allegiance as to which side they are on.

I have not heard of anyone joining LG in marketing a universal Blu - Ray/HD player. Now, a full blown universal, that does ALL formats, including HD, that would be something. But, do not hold your breath.....................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, avrev, avrevcom, colliano, del, editor, jerry, oppo, revolution, robran, video