Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 06-04-2007   #7

Default Re: AVRev.com wants to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
Moose, but your request for 4-6 isn't entirely reasonable for $2K. From what I've seen 4 to 6 HDMI input receivers are running roughly $3K+.

We just did a review of the Paradigm Studio v.4's last month. Did you happen to catch it?

And to everyone. HD camcorders, esspecially HDV ones, are a hobby of mine and something I'd be more than happy talking about. Should we talk about it Jerry?

Andrew
Whoever said I was reasonable! LOL!
Also according to This story on C/Net The sherwood R-972 that was shown at CES in January & is susposed to be comming out this August has 6 HDMI 1.3 inputs & should cost around $1500.
But you are correct as far as current recievers are concerned.

Yes I did see the Paragidm review, it pretty much confirmed that my choice was correct on the v4's.
I was just wondering who else is in Paradigms class when it comes to high end sound at real world prices.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #8

I think it would interesting to see what components those of you at AR would put together in an assortment of five or six price ranges for a Home Theater. In a price range from ten thousand to fifty thousand and finishing up with a your ideal "price is no object " dream system .

LindaE
http://TabletPc2.com
LindaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #9

LindE,

I am steadily working towards my 'price no object' system... cost keeps me from finishing it!!! As far as the lower price systems. as any system, they are dependent upon so many factors it's really hard to name one for all uses. Room size, display type, musical tastes etc all dictate different aproaches. FWIW I frequently AM asked to do just this and it always amazes firends how many questions I ask them before recomending anything.

Ken
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #10

I hear you Ken...the number one question I get is which is the best Tablet Pc, and the answer "Tell me what your main objective for use is and I will be beter able to help you just isn't what people want to hear!
LindaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007   #11

I would be very interested in seeing a review of the Purelink 4x2 HDMI switcher. It allows you to be connected to two different displays. It also
(more importantly, for me at least) lets you "strip off" the high definition audio from the HDMI imput, and output it via coaxial or optical, to an older generation surround receiver.
William L Carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #12

I would love to hear what you think about Purelink's HS42A 4 x 2 also. Like William, I am interested in the stipped off sound processing.
RobRan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, avrev, avrevcom, colliano, del, editor, jerry, oppo, revolution, robran, video