Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-08-2007   #1
Administrator

Default Vizio Sells 2,000,000 TVs in Less Than Four Years

Vizio, the video company that turned Costco and Wal-Mart into home theater shops, has sold its two-millionth television, the company tells AVRev.com. Their first set was sold on September of 2003 and the two-millionth was sold in August of 2007. The vast majority of the sets sold by Vizio have been HDTVs.

Vizio, one of the few video companies based in the United States and powered by new distribution channels such as big-box retailer Circuit City, is expecting to break the 3,000,000 set mark before the end of the 2007 holiday season.

Despite the short time frame, Vizio has been a big part of the engine driving down the price of large, flat HDTVs for mainstream users. Other video companies have cut prices to match. The impact of Vizio on independent retailers who canít effectively sell audio to match the affordable HDTVs now in the market has also been significant, as Vizioís low prices have ushered in an era of slim profit margins and high volumes that traditional AV retailers have, in many cases, been ill-equipped to deal with, as proven by the recent bankruptcy of retailer Tweeter.

by: Jerry Del Colliano
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #2

Default Re: Vizio Sells 2,000,000 TVs in Less Than Four Years

No surprise,

At their price point, Joe six pack is eating them up at Sam's and Costco! Hell, I have one, I even have a friend who put one outside his house (literally in the elements so to speak) as he figured for the price he didn't care if it died!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #3

Every time I go to Sam's club I see at least one of these being bought.
They are introducing HD to a lot of people who wouldn't be buying at the higher prices.

Once the analog signal is killed off I'll be getting a Vizio for my shop TV.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #4

Moose,

You are my idol! A man witrh your shop and an HDTV in it?? Dude! We must go for beer some time!

KT
Old 10-09-2007   #5

Talking Re: Vizio Sells 2,000,000 TVs in Less Than Four Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Moose,

You are my idol! A man with your shop and an HDTV in it?? Dude! We must go for beer some time!

KT
Anytime your in town look me up & we'll throw a few back!!

But seriously, with your friends Vizio living outside & what the prices will probably be when the analog signal dies there would be no reason not to!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #6

Moose,

When I get to OK I am looking you up!

KT
Sponsored Links

Tags
2000000, costco, cuts, florida, hdtv, margins, profit, retailer, selling, sells, tvs, video, violin, vizio