Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-09-2007   #31

Default Re: Expect Two Winners in the HD Disc Format War

wazzup,

For what it's worth, I got my Blu-ray discs in ~3 weeks, my HD DVD's came after eight and I was early on both rebates!

I am in favor of Blu-ray for a few reasons, but must admit, both formats offer video you will die for!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007   #32

I would have to go with Blu ray. Just because I have a PS3.
Old 10-11-2007   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred333 View Post
I would have to go with Blu ray. Just because I have a PS3.
Hmmmm, isn't that a bit like saying I have a chicken farm so I can't eat beef? ;-)

Try it you'll like it!
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007   #34

Westcoaster,

I've heard of the Chicken Ranch......

Is a chicken farm similar??

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #35

Hi all, brand new to this board. I have been lurking and reading info for awhile but thought I would jump in feet first. I've been wanting to get on the HD bandwagon for sometime now so I bought the Samsung BD-P1400 last week at Best Buy and I must say I'm impressed thus far. This is their newest model and load times from what others have mentioned have improved greatly. The picture is flawless and stunning. I'm going to try not buy too many discs yet, maybe rent for awhile. I have too many VCR tapes, which I then went out and replaced with DVDs and well, I could just cry thinking of having to now replace them all in Blu-Ray. I did break down and buy the Planet Earth series...but hey it's wonderful educational viewing for my son ...it's like visual nirvana. The player came with two free in store discs and five free by mail; not a bad deal if you ask me. I can't wait to watch the Patriot and Full Metal Jacket in HD, so I hope it doesn't take the full 10 weeks to receive them. Now I have to replace my AV receiver and surround speakers. Buying one electronic item always seems to cause a trickle effect. I'm looking at the Onkyo TX-SR875 7.1 receiver, but I'll save that for another post. I don't know if I will eventually buy an HD-DVD player too. We'll see.
April1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #36

Default Samsung PDP1400

April,

Wecome to the AVRevForum.

I am glad you are having success with the 1400 as we are having NOTHING but trouble with it. Wont play most of today's best Blu-ray discs as well as one of the upcoming MEGA titles.

Keep posting your results with the player as you buy and rent more titles.

j
Sponsored Links

Tags
8001, april1p, cd, d30000u, heats, hm, jvc, marantz, player, vhs