Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   Madden 08 Sells 1.8 Million Units (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/554-madden-08-sells-1-8-million-units.html)

JerryDelColliano 08-29-2007 10:28 AM

Madden 08 Sells 1.8 Million Units

http://www.smartbrief.com/news/cea/i...B-8C8851C417B6

This is amazing number. A top selling album might sell 500k units in its first week. PLUS EA sells this same basic title each year with only a few changes and consumers LINE UP to buy it over and over. Exciting content. HD. Hours of fun for kids and adults. Promotes the sport. Everybody wins.

deacongreg 08-29-2007 01:25 PM

Re: Madden 08 Sells 1.8 Million Units

I you love football, then you love John Madden. I believe this game sells more because of John, as opposed to the content. As long as his voice is on there, people will buy. Heck, people would probably buy this game without Al Michaels voice on the game!!!
Not that I have seen each new iteration of the game each year. But I agree with you Jerry that it is a win win for everybody. No content that would be offensive to kids or any of that stuff. Unless, you just do not like football.

TheMoose 08-29-2007 03:43 PM

I disagree, the reason it sells so much is because it sells on all platforms (PC, PS2, PS3, 360 & Wii) and they have an exclusive contract with the NFL, so they are the only game in town if you like the NFL.

Football games were much better when 2K sports had a competing title, now it's just a roster update & a few little updates each year & EA just rakes in the cash because all the sheep buy this recycled game every year.
Most video game reviews only give Madden an average score.
I haven't bought this game in years & won't until they actually give me something new!

Video games have outsold music for years & they are also outselling movies.
Obviously quality has nothing to do with it!

You want to see big sellers wait till Halo 3 & Gran Turismo 5 come out (Gran Turismo 4 sold almost 9 million copies!), they will sell millions of copies as well as hundreds of thousands of consoles.
The Halo 3 pre orders are already at 1.5 million & is still a month from it's release date

In case you didn't know the Video game market is HUGE!

deacongreg 08-29-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMoose (Post 2344)
I disagree, the reason it sells so much is because it sells on all platforms (PC, PS2, PS3, 360 & Wii) and they have an exclusive contract with the NFL, so they are the only game in town if you like the NFL.

Football games were much better when 2K sports had a competing title, now it's just a roster update & a few little updates each year & EA just rakes in the cash because all the sheep buy this recycled game every year.
Most video game reviews only give Madden an average score.
I haven't bought this game in years & won't until they actually give me something new!

Video games have outsold music for years & they are also outselling movies.
Obviously quality has nothing to do with it!

You want to see big sellers wait till Halo 3 & Gran Turismo 5 come out (Gran Turismo 4 sold almost 9 million copies!), they will sell millions of copies as well as hundreds of thousands of consoles.
The Halo 3 pre orders are already at 1.5 million & is still a month from it's release date

In case you didn't know the Video game market is HUGE!

Yeah, I do know the video game market is huge. My stepson was on his PSP until it got stolen in high school. I have to admit, I was impressed with all it could do. However, until his grades get better, no more PSP. I hade NO idea it would have that kind of impact on him.
His best friend has an X - Box 360. I told him, that is what he should have let me get him for Christmas. But, he changed his mind. Now, he is at his friends house playing X- box.

As far as the video game market, I just don`t follow it that much. So, thus my lack of info on the market place.