Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 08-31-2007   #13

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Heats Up For The Fall

1shotstudios,

I know what you are saying, and for me, I will be out some cash, but in the mean time I have high def discs in my HT and bedroom and love them! I am fortunate enough to have the necessary disposable income to play with these new formats and not be too upset when one dies, if that happens.

Onto the continuation which goes out more to Neosonik,

Neosonik,

I agree with you and have for a long time. Come the day when I can stream 1080p video with uncompressed MC audio via whatever means to my home I won't need either format! This will require a large leap in bandwidth, but that is doable. If you doubt it, just remember when they said you could never send anything faster than 300 baud over phone lines??

I guess some of the younger readers might not remember putting a phone into a craddle to transmit data....

I guess what I am getting at is I am unsure if either of these formats will 'win' the war before they are both outdated by technology....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #14

Angry Re: HD Disc Format War Heats Up For The Fall

I am so tired of the crap we are being fed. I think its about the big ego with these companies anymore. I have always been one of the first to jump into new technologies but this is one I am not gonna do. I have a high end HTPC and I run Theatertek with nvidia purevideo and other software goodies. The picture quaility I get is just awesome so right now I can't see jumping into a format and soaking big bucks into both hardware and software only to find my self sitting on the sidelines. I'm tired of throwing money away to satisfy these formats only to see them go away. The last one for me was DVD A & SACD. I got into DVDA first and love it, in fact I still buy disc's The sad part was I was forced to buy 2 formats just so I could get the hi res music I wanted, I will not do this again.

I would sign of with my normal screen name but this time I will sign off as...

The beat up, slammed against the wall wont do it again A/V buyer
scooterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
discs, hdtv