Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   The #1 seller of Flat Panel HDTVs in the U.S. is now VIZIO (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/495-1-seller-flat-panel-hdtvs-u-s-now-vizio.html)

AVRevForum.com 08-23-2007 04:17 PM

The #1 seller of Flat Panel HDTVs in the U.S. is now VIZIO

VIZIO, once known as the fastest growing brand of HDTVs, was named by DisplaySearch as the #1 selling brand of flat panel (LCD and Plasma) HDTVs in the U.S. With a business model focused on providing high-performance and high-value HDTVs, VIZIO, in just 4 years, has gone from virtual obscurity to #1 in North American flat panel HDTV sales. For the first time in more than a decade an American brand led major categories in U.S. TV sales.

According to DisplaySearch Founder and President Ross Young, "VIZIO's rise from the #15 flat panel TV brand in Q2'05 to #1 in Q2'07 is quite remarkable given the intense competition in this market and can be attributed to its unique channel strategy. Its warehouse club channel focus and lack of channel conflicts enabled the company to get to disruptive price points which helped fuel the rapid rise of the warehouse club channel in the US TV market and caused its shipments to surge. In addition, VIZIO's successful expansion outside of the club channel to Circuit City, Sears and Wal-Mart while maintaining its attractive price points further boosted its growth and enabled the company to earn the #1 ranking in the North American flat panel TV market."

According to Quixel Research's 2nd quarter 2007 "Best Sellers" report, "VIZIO's success in the Flat TV category continues to grow each quarter. The company had the top selling LCD TV's from 20-inch all the way to 47-inch so they literally blanketed the USA market with their top sellers in the second quarter of 2007. For the second consecutive quarter, VIZIO is leading in the 32-inch screen-size segment, the largest LCDTV segment and the primary battleground amongst brands," stated Tamaryn Pratt of Quixel Research.

VIZIO's success has also led to another first in the TV business according to iSuppli principal analyst Riddhi Patel who reported, "VIZIO has strengthened its position in the US LCD TV market because of its attractive pricing, improved brand recognition and increased channel visibility. Having added Wal-Mart and Sears in the second quarter of 2007, VIZIO has emerged as the first value brand to surpass shipments of premium brands including Samsung, Sony, Sharp and LG Electronics."

To that end, the timing for the announcement of the lineup growing to four 1080p LCD models at breakthrough prices couldn't have been better. To continue VIZIO's phenomenal success, three Full (1080p) HD models, the GV42LF, GV47LF and GV52LF, are now part of VIZIO's Gallevia brand TV's. VIZIO's two 42" models (GV42LF and VU42LF) are virtually the same, however the GV42LF offers removable base and speakers. The VU42LF is the most affordable Full (1080p) LCD HDTV ever released by VIZIO and sports a bold, new bezel frame design that wraps around the screen.

All the new VIZIO 1080p models are now shipping with the following MSRP's:

VU42LF (42-inch) $1199.99
GV42LF (42-inch) $1399.99
GV47LF (47-inch) $1699.99
GV52LF (52-inch) $2299.99

kennyt 08-23-2007 04:32 PM

Re: The #1 seller of Flat Panel HDTVs in the U.S. is now VIZIO

Once again they have broken the price barrier! It is no wonder they are selling so many sets.

I own one, so do several friends. While not the best TV, they do a nice job and for the $$ are simply unbeatable!

Robinson_A 08-23-2007 06:12 PM

This news does not surprise me. While not absolute reference grade displays they are solid and a tremendous value. The nice thing about Vizio is that with each new display the quality of the picture gets better and better. It wouldn't surprise me if in a couple of years (or months even) Vizio begins to compete head to head with the best of the best yet still manage to sell them at prices that even my kid brother can afford. While I don't use a Vizio for my reference viewing (those duties fall to my Sony Pearl projector) I do have a Vizio display in every room of my house and couldn't be happier. I've owned and reviewed displays from Plasma to LCD that do more here and there but none in terms of, ease of use, overall performance and price have been as complete as Vizio's TV's. Congrats to Vizio on a job well done.

VJJ552 08-24-2007 05:01 AM

I have one, too, that I bought in mid-May. Only a 32".

As mentioned in many of the other posts, not the best one on the market, but well worth the money compared to others.

My take on the TV is if it lasts 5 to 8 years, I am still ahead of the game.
Hope it will last longer than that !!!

I have only had a couple of minor problems with the set; one day, it just decided it would not recognize the HDMI connection to my DVD player. After turning of both the set and the player, and turning them back on, everything was OK.

What is really great is when you call their customer service number. They answer pretty quickly and usually help you on the first shot. Hard to find that type of service with the likes of SONY, Toshiba, etc. And, I also own other SONY products !!!

narcoticprayer 08-28-2007 01:19 PM

Selling through Costco works wonders.

kennyt 08-28-2007 02:04 PM

OK, want the best story here??

A friend of mine wanted a plasma OUTSIDE in a covered area. He got the 50" Vizio @ Sam's and they even gave him a full three year warranty knowing it was going to be placed outside! To date the set has been mounted for three months in Florida heat and rain (as I said ther set is under a covered area) and still is functioning well. I suspect condensation will take it out in the not to distant future, but Don's thinking was it's so cheap, if it dies a couple times in the three years, so what??

I will let you know when/if it dies...